Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to place an order for some supplements and was looking for ways to save money. I grow some herbs in my garden and collect wild plants. But, I'd like suggestions for the things I have to purchase. There are some brands I won't buy because I just don't trust them. Others I always buy because I do trust them, even though they cost more. I was just wondering what brands some of you think are really high quality.

Specifically, I was looking at the huge difference in price of oil of oregano from different companies. I've always used North American, but it is so much more expensive than others. Source Naturals and Planetary Formula both have good quality supplements, and their prices are much lower for the oregano oil than North American. Is the quality as good?

Also, what brand of Grapefruit Seed Extract do you use? What other brands for other supplements do you use? I know many of the good ones, but just wondering about others. For example, I've found that some brands of Chromium Picolinate seem better than others if I take them like they come, but if I open the capsule, then the brand doesn't seem to matter as much.

Thanks,

Jenny

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
I use Puritian Pride exclusively. They have been in business for 40 years and both manufactor and package their own suppliments and herbs. That's something you want to look for in choosing a company. It means safer standards.

They always have sales on all of their products and usually it's BOGO or up to buy 2 get 5 free. Shipping is a flat $4.95. Right now they have a buy 2 get 3 free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts