Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby has to go to Jackson next week for a SPED workshop. He has to be there at 8:00 Thursday morning. I am going to get to go with him (not to the workshop but on the trip). We are going Wednesday evening when we get everything fed and will be coming home Saturday morning. I am so looking forward to getting away for a couple a days.

I will be staying at the motel while he is at the workshop so I am taking my sewing machine and some fabrics that I have cut into squares. I will have two whole days to do nothing but sew. There will be no stopping to answer the phone, cook, make beds, sweep, etc., etc., etc. All I will have to do is sew, crochet, ribbon embroidery, anything else that I can find to pack in my little bag.

We have a great nephew, Chance to take care of our animals and pick up the eggs. He's 13 years old and quite a little homesteader in his own right. We feel fortunate that we have someone living across the road that loves animals as much as we do.

AHHHHH....the good life. :)

southrngardngal-Jan

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Enjoy every minute of the peace and quiet! It doesn't happy very often these days! I hope you have a great time and remember to take a nap! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
What?? No Shopping? Actually, the thought of being in a quiet motel room to do just what I wanted to do, or not do, sounds kinda nice. What area of town will you be? Jackson was my old stomping ground lots of years ago for about 10 years. I love going to Jackson. The reason might be because my best friend lives there.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What?? No Shopping? Actually, the thought of being in a quiet motel room to do just what I wanted to do, or not do, sounds kinda nice. What area of town will you be? Jackson was my old stomping ground lots of years ago for about 10 years. I love going to Jackson. The reason might be because my best friend lives there.
We're going to stay just off of County Line Road.

I won't be doing much shopping. Maybe a little Saturday morning. After all we have to go right by Hobby Lobby on our way home. LOL

BTW...I don't like to shop. I know it's not normal. But we already know that I am not normal. ROFL

Wendy, I know what you mean about peace and quiet being rare. I am here by myself most every day but it is still so hectic sometimes.
Jan

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure hope yall enjoy your mini vacation! I am jealous.

DAVID
You would probably be bored. LOL I am going to be in a motel room for at least 8 hours a day. I am so looking forward to the quiet.

Jan

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
County Line Road can be a nightmare at times, but some wonderful places for those that like to shop. Believe it or not, I can remember when it was just a county road going out to the resevoir. I'm telling my age now.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
I hope you enjoy your trip. I sure would. I was born and lived in and around Jackson for the first 30 years of my life. I miss it so much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts