GOLD FESTIVAL (NC) This Week-End Want to go?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

1st Annual Golden Valley Gold Days GOLD FESTIVAL September 25th & 26th 2004

Golden Valley Campground
    680 NC Hwy. 226 Casar, NC

For more information call Joe or Lynn Hoyle at 704-538-8047

There going to have a common gold dig and Coin treasure hunt. Kids and adults.

It's $3 bucks admission, parking is Free.
    Gold dig is Sat and Sun Coin hunt is Saturday afternoon.

If your going and want to meet prior to getting to the Festival E-mail me and let's talk about it. healthwizard@surfbest.net

Kenneth in NC

2. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

Ah, sounds like fun. We're going to the 4 wheel jamboree at the Indy fairgrounds this weekend. Last year was our first year...hubby built the bumper on the Ram so he was feelin' proud of all the attention.

3. Kenneth in NC

4 wheel jamboree sounds good too :)

OK talked to Joe Hoyle one of the promoters, activities include lessons on rockhounding, gold panning and metal detector use. Including how to dig up coins without loosing the coin or tearing up the yard.

Oh yes there is a live band (as opposed to the dead one they originally scheduled :haha: )

Looks like a go from our end. My wife has already started packing the truck so I guess that means I'm going to the Golden Valley Campground this week-end.

Kenneth in NC

4. Kenneth in NC

The Gold Festival was "different" than I had imagined. There were fewer vendors than I though would be there. But there was plenty of GOLD talk. Food was available at the camp commons area. The fish and onion rings sure smelled good. Being the "poor boy" I am we took sandwich's with us.

My wife found some small "teeny tiny" pieces of gold and some fine/flour gold. The way she yelled I thought she had hit the "Mother Load" :haha:

We bought several small bags that the mine uses to train "new Prospectors" with so we could try out that Desert Fox machine we left at home.

You've heard the "Fishing Stories" well let me tell ya the GOLD stories seem much, much taller in the telling. :) Hmmm think I'm going to like this hobby. :D

My daughter found out that there were Gem Stones in the mining shack. So we brought home a gem stone bag to pan.