Going to the land

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sancraft, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Well, I finally got my truck back. The new (rebuilt) transmission is working great. We are heading to the land to start clearing for the barn and coop that we're going to build with the logs. Getting a late start. DD had to finish a curtain order that she's sewing. She wants to get it mailed today. There is a logging company on the next street over. I'm going to go over and see what they do with their culls and see if they have saw dust for sale or giveaway. I'll find the feed and seed and check out their prices and probably buy some hay today. I'll talk to the one and only neighbor and see if he'll help us with instruction on building our house. He's building his paycheck to paycheck too. We hope to get the house area marked off, the pasture and garden areas marked, the orchard marked, and the post set for the goat barn and chicken coop. I'll talk to y'all tonight (if I'm not too tired). Have a great day everyone.

2. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Best wishes on the adventure.Stay safe.

BooBoo

3. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us posted....I'm reliving my adventures through yours!

4. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

sancraft sister I sure wish I was closer to help you,save you some $$ I'm sure.You take care if you need to know anything holler I'll try to help best I can.

big rockpile

5. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

sancraft, I need a way of contacting you about these concrete blocks. I would hate to make that long drive and not have any way of contacting you to deliver them to you. I also still need to know how many blocks you will need.

Bob

6. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

bump. how did your day go? :)