Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yeah! Most people love it but I'm just not a big fan. It's a combination of rolled oats and scrap meats and some spices. I thing it's a Cinn. product in the German sections.Don't know why but it's just not a big deal to me.

Wade

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I googled it and it sounds like a poor man's bacon. What a great way to use up fat off cooked meat. Make more bacon-flavored breakfast treats !

Since it's cooked I can see trying it. It's things like pemmican that seem to have a learning curve I can't master.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Goetta (sounds like getta). For me, yum! I love it sliced thin and cooked crispy as a breakfast meat. When we dropped our pigs at the processor and were filling out the cutting order, he asks -- now, from the head, do you want goetta or liver pudding (with the liver as well). No questio - goetta please and thank you, after you separate the jowl bacon. and, I'll take the liver separate.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was on the breakfast buffet at the Hilton Netherlands in downtown Cincinnati. I had it several years ago in Newport, KY. Interesting local food or that seems to known to the area.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Southern Ohio scrapple! :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts