goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Farmgirl2005, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

Hey Yall,
    I have recently found this site, and am a big goat fan. I am looking for goats, really don't care what breed i have fallen in love with all of them, but here the thing you have to live near Pennsylvania and it has to be a rather cheap price, just cause i just got my license and i cant travel far and also i dont have much of a budget these guys will be for pets only so yea.
    Thanks a bunch
    Lyn
    P.S. I really love goats and will take any that can be given, i will also raise them for anyone who wants to let me raise them i will do this for anyone that needs help. I hope that doesnt sound bad.

2. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Where are you in PA? I have a doe due sometime in this century whose male kids cannot be registered, as she is a registered grade. I plan to castrate any males and if you're just looking for a pet, they might be just the ticket. I'm in PA.

Ruth

3. cdehne

cdehne Well-Known Member

If you are anywhere near Carroll County ,MD there is a female Nubian type goat available for adoption at the humane society.

I have goats for sale listed on the barter board, but these are show quality yearling does.

Chris

4. Farmgirl2005

MooseMAnic I am in Lancaster Pa, and am looking for just pets. where are you located, and if you are going to sell them how much are you lookin for, what kind is your doe.
    THanks Lyn

5. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Uh oh, I'm on the other end of the world from you. I'm just outside of Erie. Mine are American Alpines.

Ruth

6. Farmgirl2005

Gosh darn it, i have been looking for large breed goats everywhere, and have found none i was really hopin youd be it oh well, thanks any way :( :)
    Lyn :waa:

7. BiGtImEfArMeRs4

BiGtImEfArMeRs4 Well-Known Member

Hi Lyn,
    I am not sure where at, but I know that there is a guy whose last name is King, and he has dairy breeds. I don't think he is that far away, I believe he is around an half an hour from us and we are in Mechanicsburg, Pennyslvania. He breeds the goats, keeps the baby nannies, and sells the baby billies for five dollars each. Not sure if you want to bottlefeed or not, but you will have to with them. He has a whole bunch of dairy breeds. Hope this helps some.
    Lori

8. Farmgirl2005

Hey Lori,
    I was also wanting to contact you to see if you were selling any at this time, and also to add on too do you think you could get that person address or phone number.
    Thanks for any help.
    Lyn

9. BiGtImEfArMeRs4

Hayy,
    Okay, I will try to get the phone number and address, as we are trying to figure it out too! No, right now we don't have any goats for sale, but from March till June, we have have four does that will kid. Check back late June, and we may have some for sale. They will be very tame, as they will be bottlefed. I will let you know how many and what we have for sale at that time, so yeah. Good Luck finding goats and I shall try to get the address and number.
    Lori

10. BiGtImEfArMeRs4

Okay I just found out that the guy no longer sells the billies. I am soo sorry, he used to a couple of years ago but no longer does. I am so sorry for telling you that. But yeah, still will contant you once the does kid. Until then, good luck finding goats.
    Lori

11. Farmgirl2005

thanks any way, Anyone else have any ideas.
    Thanks Again Lyn

12. Mrs. Cook

Mrs. Cook Member

A friend of mine has Saanens, Oberhaslis, and Alpines. Her prices are quite reasonable for registered, show quality animals. She lives near York, PA. If you want her name and e-mail address, please PM me........ Linda

13. Farmgirl2005

thanks a bunch i will
    lyn :D