Goats Soap

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KY girl deb, Jan 16, 2005.

1. KY girl deb

KY girl deb Guest

Could someone please share some dairy recipes as well as aromas that work well with goat soaps? I live in the Green River Bottoms and am just searching for ways to market some products.
    Thanks Deb

2. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

you can do a google search on goat milk recipes and find quite a few nice ones.. then modify as you get the courage.. :)

3. MoBarger

MoBarger Goat's Milk soap for sale

You can find lots at the Whisk soap forum! :D

4. Debs goats

Debs goats New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am also looking for some goats to restart a dairy herd. Believe it or not there are not many goats in the Kentucky-Indiana area of the country. I noticed that you have Nubian included in your name. Do you sell goats? I would be willing to travel in the spring. Thanks Deb. My e-mail address is kentuckygirldeb@yahoo.com

5. boren

boren Well-Known Member

Heh, go figure I went to southern Indiana to get my goats since they are the only ones I could find. ;) Now that I have goats I'm finding people all over. If you can try to find someone local normally you can start to find people who have goats. I just asked a lady who had goat milk soap at the farmers market who gave me driving directions to where she gets her milk from. (go to the first road north of town, drive to the house past the red barn, etc). She then know a friend who then had a friend who might have goats, etc.

Now I know a few people up here with good animals.

6. Gailann Schrader

Gailann Schrader Green Woman

We actually have quite a lot of goats here in NorthCentral Indiana (Tippecanoe county - Lafayette to be exact). I have two Nubians, two Oberhasli, a Kinder, and some Boer crosses. A friend up North (Lucerne, in Cass couunty) has a HERD of Oberhasli. Pretty things. My friend has mostly LaManchas (about 13 of them). Another friend to the southwest (West Lebanon - Warren county I think) has an enormous herd of Alpines (60+ does)! My feed supplier has a gorgeous (and large - 200+) herd of Boers.

I would encourage you to check with the local 4-H folks or Purdue Extention. Goats are pretty numerous here. And the surrounding counties! I think you'll find more goats than you think. Oh, and I bought a beautiful Nubian buck out of a southern Indiana herd of Nubians.

Link to Illinois Meat Goat Producers

http://www.imgp.us/

Link to Indiana Dairy Goat Producers

http://www.idga.net/

Good Luck!