Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are looking to learn more about goats. Especially the small breeds. Is anyone in central Indiana willing to share some info or have us out to see your goats?

·
Registered
248 Posts
We're about an hour and half/two hours north of Indy. It depends on how bad the traffic is in Kokomo.

Anyways, we raise Saanen which isn't exactly a small breed, but we enjoy visitors and showing off our goats. If there isn't anyone closer (or you want to come by anyway) just drop me a PM and you're more than welcome to come up and visit.

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
I'd be happy to let ya visit... Is MI too far? :)

However feel free to email or call. My phone/email is on my website. There's also some good info on goats on my website and there is MANY links to some amazing goat reference sites on my website, too. :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm in Indiana too. though Angola is almost up into mich! have you tried the yahoo group for Indiana goats? or their is RW farms, Magmar farms, TW Nubians hmm. they are all more central than I.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I am about 1 1/2 hours southeast of Indy. I have Nubians & also Pygmy goats. I'd love to help you out if it isn't too far to travel for you.

·
SarahJoy [loves her farm]
264 Posts
I live in TN and I'm selling all my mini goats.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey!! He's looking Good!! His Dam is a finished Champion now she LA'd last year at FS 90 VVEE ( which if you dont goat speak is GOOD! : ) Bring you Wife up to see me. I'm not too far from you Every Thurs Frid And Sat from 7am - 3:30 pm at the "american countryside farmers market" in-between Elkhart and Goshen. link to their site is on my front page. I'ld be in the BRYRPATCH Booth on the first floor right next to Das Essenhause's stand. I'll find my stud book and I think the yellow copy's still on it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi!! I live in West Central Indiana, about 40 minutes west of Indy. We have a herd of 32 goats. They are Boer, Saanen and Nubian along with some Boer/dairy crosses thrown in!! Let me know if you are close to me and want to come out for a visit!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds good Sherrie.

I was just up that way last Saturday, there's a home brew store in Elkhart. Ah well! It won't be this weekend since I have to run Cleo's Patra down to Indy. Unless there's something I don't know I'll probably come up on the 25th or so.

·
Registered
599 Posts
There is going to be an NDGA (Nigerian Dwarf Goat Assoc) show in Greenfield, IN at the beginning of October (1st weekend?) so you could meet lots of dwarf breeders and their goats in person there! There will be breeders there from all over the midwest there and they put on a great show. I may even drive down from WI to see that show again!
Check out http:www.ndga.org for more info or call them if it isn't posted on their site.
I believe there is also going to be a show in northern IN in Sept. but am not sure of the details on that one.
Nigerians are the best! (but I'm not biased LOL!)

·
Foggy Dew Farms
229 Posts
We are due East of Kokomo, and raise show quality Boer goats. You are welcome to stop by anytime you'd like. Even though we are specializing in Boers, Sherrie will be glad to know that we just couldn't part with Brookie - our Registered Saanen that we bought from her a year ago. So - I guess we officially raise show quality FB Boers and Boer/Sannen crosses!!!

PM or email if you'd like more info: [email protected]

·
Registered
874 Posts
Wannabee said:
We are due East of Kokomo, and raise show quality Boer goats. You are welcome to stop by anytime you'd like. Even though we are specializing in Boers, Sherrie will be glad to know that we just couldn't part with Brookie - our Registered Saanen that we bought from her a year ago. So - I guess we officially raise show quality FB Boers and Boer/Sannen crosses!!!

PM or email if you'd like more info: [email protected]
Aww. I'm glad to hear you still have her. the buck that Boren linked to above is her Full brother, though a year older I think? We've Got Appraisals coming up again in 4 weeks. Remember the craziness that was going on when you stopped to see her before you bought her.. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.