Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 6 does in quarenteen for the last few months. I bought them from a friend and they were healthy but a bit thin. So they were separated from my does, wormed, CDT'd, Bose'd and hoof trimmed and about 25 lbs put on each doe. For the last month they have been able to sniff and touch my other goats through the fence and they visit each other every day at least once.
Well today I put both groups in together and they had quite the sniffing, hackle-raising, head-butting, snorting, etc contest. Such doofs! :rolleyes: :)

By the way, the red Nubian doe is available as a bred doe in the next month or few weeks. I'm just waiting to make sure she took. She is CAE negative, registered Purebred. Bred to Copper-Hill Little Buddy.

·
SarahJoy [loves her farm]
264 Posts
Beautiful Herd!!

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, today after two days of being out with the main herd, they are finally sticking with them and I don't have to take the sillies to find the water tubs twice a day. :rolleyes:

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
Call me nuts, but I sure would like to come over and take a closer look at the red doe. Will you be home on Saturday? (Like, you don't have any milking chores? :) )

NeHi

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that I wouldn't love to have you come visit :) , but I think Jodie is sold. They are waiting the two weeks to insure she should be bred, and for me to get her papers back from ADGA. I'll know for sure then. She is related to Lalaith by the way. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.