Goats and the Power Company

Discussion in 'Goats' started by FarmGoddess, Oct 3, 2006.

1. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

Last week the power company finally got around to making the permanent repairs on lines damaged during Katrina. The first thing they did was drop a pole over the fence into my goat pen. Two of my big bucks, Thibadeaux (with horns) and Eddie (no horns) decided to help. Especially Tibby, who was extremely offended that the power company wanted 'his' pole and had to be leashed most of the day. Eddie was just curious. Here are a couple of the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The power crew said this was the first time they'd ever had to fight a goat for a power pole. You should have heard the conversation one of them had with a supervisor:

Power guy: "We got problem. This goat won't let us have the pole".

Supervisor: "It's a goat. Chase it off."

Power guy: "This ain't a regular goat".

Now Tibby's famous. He must have had about a dozen pictures taken that morning. Not a 'regular' goat indeed.

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Thats a BIGGGGGG goat!!!! The guy bending over is either very confident or very foolish

3. full sun

full sun Well-Known Member

That second picture is funny. Bearfootfarm--your comment made me chuckle. That guy is just bent right over there, just waiting to be butt.... :p

Jennifer

4. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

5. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

Or mounted if he's not careful! LOL I would have loved to seen their reaction with the goats. :)

6. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts Well-Known Member

This is just too funny! I laughed so hard - I just about fell off the chair!

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    do goats really butt you if you bend over or do they just butt you any old time?

This sounds like something my cat would do if he were a goat. :D

8. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Unless someone has played with them and taught them to butt people, most goats don't. At least, none of mine do! Jump on me, climb on me, chew on me - yes - but headbutt, no. :p

I was bent over, drenching one of my little Nigie does the other night. The young Saanen and Nubian/Saanen kids thought this was just great! Now I know why they call it "drenching". :help:

9. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for a good chuckle. :p

10. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

My little ones wouldn't butt me, but they would jump up on my back!

11. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

Thanks for the pictures. The goats were supervising. I could almost hear them! My DD commented that those power guys have to be brave. Going into fields with unknown animals and wild creatures.

12. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

My goats are more spoiled than wild. All of them are hand raised and with one exception are people friendly. The one exception is my big unregistared Saanan buck, who weighs in at about 300 pounds and has a horn rack that is 32inches across. What's more he knows he's a 300 pound buck with a 32 inch horn rack and can get very aggressive around males of any species. It's kinda funny, I can lead him around on a leash like a big old puppy dog, but if my husband tried it he'd end up in the hospital. Tibby had to be leashed to keep him from attacking the power guys, and he wasn't to thrilled about the idea. He spent the morning tied to a post, snorting, making the 'goat face' and doing all sorts of male posturing.

Tibby's a hoot. He loves women, and will go out of his way to be cute and appealing when a female is in the area. Men are a different story. He considers them rivals. With one exception that I find amusing. We have a friend who is openly and obviously gay. Tibby reacts to him the same way he reacts to women. It's kinda funny that he doesn't see our gay friend as a threat to his 'harem'.

Don't need TV when you have goats. They're always doing something worth watching and are never boring...

Hey! Let's all email the moderator and see if we can get some goat smileys!

:hobbyhors :hobbyhors :hobbyhors :hobbyhors