Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had lots of fun at the 2014 National Goat Expo in Bloomington, Illinois. My lovely doeling, GoGo's Lil Gidget took Reserve Grand Champion in the Junior Doe class. I wish I could claim her breeding, but the credit for that belongs to Regina Tervo, of By The Sea Farm in NC. I am merely the proud owner! :banana:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.

Other does of my breeding won Second Place and Third Place in their respective shows. I also entered three does in the Get Of Sire class. That group took a Second Place in the first show, and a First Place in the second show. :sing: This was my very first time showing *anything* (at 61 yrs old!) and I didn't trip, stumble or make a fool of myself in the ring! It was a ton of fun, and I learned so much!

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
atta woman...proud for you/proud of you ...keep up the good work !!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Congratulations! Lovely looking girl. Glad you got around without "taking a trip". I once fell flat on my derriere as I was leading the pack at the (Pomeranian) Nationals. Very embarrassing.

Mary

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Oh what fun!! Glad to hear your out and about enjoying your hobby. Seems we all get so caught up in chores we forget to take a break and have fun. Congrats! Too cool!

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Good job, looks like fun too. I like your farm sign.

Reactions: nehimama

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Congratulations on your placings, very pretty goat in the pic too. My friend here in Alabama shows goats, they are Nigerian milk goats and they are always shampooed and clipped :) I buy soap from her. I think goats bring out the best in people cause who can resist a little goatie goat yelling "maaa".

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Always wanted to go to the ADGA National... Happy you had the opportunity to go and to show at the Expo! Quality stock you raise, there.

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya, Nehi don't mess around when it comes to goats. Only the best

Do you sell some of your kids? Or keep em all? Lol
farmgal, this kidding season I *must* sell some! I have to keep my numbers reasonable, otherwise it becomes a back-breaking chore, and resentment builds. I want to continue to enjoy my flock, and there are lots of babies coming, starting in December.

Reactions: farmgal
1 - 20 of 21 Posts