Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
44,790 Posts
LOL I resemble that. However, I didn't buy anything other than screws.

I use pallets, used roofing metal, used whatever (cotton module tarps, shingles, etc.) and have built "single wides" that are 4' x 4' and "double wides" that have a two pallet base and are 4' x 8'. We also just built a half tepee.

I'll take a picture, but we have a freaking goat village for six silly goats. They won't SHARE! Although we have a LaMancha mother/daughter pair, a set of Nubian yearling twins, and two Saanens that came from the same herd, they mostly each choose ONE unit for her overnight residence.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
LOL I resemble that. However, I didn't buy anything other than screws.

I use pallets, used roofing metal, used whatever (cotton module tarps, shingles, etc.) and have built "single wides" that are 4' x 4' and "double wides" that have a two pallet base and are 4' x 8'. We also just built a half tepee.

I'll take a picture, but we have a freaking goat village for six silly goats. They won't SHARE! Although we have a LaMancha mother/daughter pair, a set of Nubian yearling twins, and two Saanens that came from the same herd, they mostly each choose ONE unit for her overnight residence.
Oh yes, pictures are a must. That's funny because ours all stuff themselves together under a 3 sided 'tent' made with an old billboard cover. They have a wood shelter but they seem to prefer tent camping unless the weather is really bad.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The first two pictures don't have anything to do with the Goat Shed, just showing off what my wife got me for my birthday.

Next is the cross members laid out and marked to cut. Notice my state of the art wood working tools. The last picture is the skid assembly complete. Now for the living quarters, sauna, and swimming pool,

1 - 20 of 34 Posts