Goat sale ????

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Lauriebelle, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Lauriebelle

Lauriebelle Well-Known Member

Hi y'all,

I will be selling my 100% Boer goat, Tinkerbelle, and wanted opinions on how much to charge. I've had a few casual offers but she's pretty great so I'm hesitant to undersell...ya know?

Anyway, She is a registered Boer, 5 months old and fabulous....So whatcha think...how much would you charge?

Thanks, Laurie

2. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

In my area (Georgia) I see all sorts of prices. But mostly these:
    Auction:
    Doe - $65-$75
    Buck - $100-$120
    Unregistered, ad in Paper:
    Doe - $100
    Buck - $150
    Registered, ad in paper:
    Doe - $125-$150
    Buck - $175-$200

My husband was saying though that he's seen registered goats for much higher than this. He said that many of the boar bucks at the auction were going for $150. Most of the ones at the auction don't come with papers. But in my husband's opinion you could probably get $200 or more.

100% boar doe, young but close to breeding age, is a nice find. If she's pretty too, you could probably get a good price rather easy.

3. dezeeuwgoats

dezeeuwgoats Well-Known Member

Boer goats get top dollar at our auction, even unregistered ones. Highest I've seen for an unregistered boer doe was $265. A friend of mine in Texas sells registered boer breeding stock, at six months for $400. His are very nice, South African boers.

I know nothing about boers......I have dairy goats! But I did buy an unregistered boer buckling at six months old from my friend for the meat price of $75. I have him to breed to any older dairy does I don't want to keep kids out of, but still want to milk. I figure the crosses will help make the kids more marketable. I could get his papers - but would have to pay the difference between the $75 and $400.

niki

4. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Also kinda depends on the breeding or pedigree on how much you will get for her

5. Delinda

Delinda Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes the pedigree means alot when selling registered boers. If she has any enoblements in her papers, and the more the better, you should be able to get quite a bit for her. I sell my 3 month old does for $300. each, but most all of them had 5 to 7 enoblements on their registration papers.

6. Lauriebelle

Lauriebelle Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all!

She does have some enoblements... I'll have to take a look at that!

7. Loda Farm

Loda Farm Well-Known Member

In Ohio Registered Does with a good pedigree can sell as much as $400.00 to $600.00. some high end show stock i have seen sell for as high as $3000.00, but there are not too many of those.

I would pay three to four hundred for a 100% registered doe if she was structurally sound. For a really nice 100% registered buck, I would pay more for. It just depends on your area, and what the market in your area is. Of course, even the same area can see different prices at different times.

Laura