Goat Photos and Buddy update

Discussion in 'Goats' started by lgslgs, Oct 26, 2005.

1. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd post our goat family pics page for you all: http://www.patmissin.com/lynda/goats/goats.html

For anyone who's been following the Buddy/deerworm updates, we think that it was not a deerworm relapse. His leg stiffness is going away on it's own, and it looks like he must have just strained a muscle.

Today Buddy and Clyde were in full challenge/head butting mode on the hills. Buddy definitely convinced us today that he is not a sick goat, thank goodness. (The picture of him on the web page is from when he was still kind of weedy. He's muscled up a lot since then.)

Hope you all enjoy the photos.

Lynda

2. goatladie

goatladie JustALittleGoatCrazy....

Wow, nice looking goats! I love Clyde's camoflage!

3. livinthedream

livinthedream Member

Cute goats! Connie is a cutie as well! :)

4. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Buster is awesome!!! The others are dolls too, but Buster really takes the prize!! I have a thing for unusual markings and colors on animals. Who knew dalmations and goats could breed? :rolleyes:

5. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

Buster really is pretty cool.

He's a half brother to Buster and his sire, Solomon, was the son of Clyde's, Molooy's and Mabel's sire Simon. Simon is the king of dalmation spots! Clyde was actually solid brown until his first winter and then sprouted that camouflage. We are wondiering if Molly and Mable might sprout some spots this Winter as well.

But back to Buster. He was bottle raised by an elderly lady and spoiled rotten, living in the kitchen and sharing a dog bed with a small dog. We first got Buddy from her and her son, and a few months later, after they were sure we were good goat owners and after they drove by a few times and checked out our land, they decided that the chance to give Buster a lifetime home on 15 acres of wooded hills was too good to pass up. We still pack up Buster in the car to go visit his "Mom" every once in a while, and we made up a fancy Mother's day card with his photo for her. She has it framed over her fireplace. Buster is so cool looking and very sweet, but the best thing has got to be knowing that an old woman's special pet is going to have a safe and abundant place to spend his entire life. The woman has now moved to an old folks apartment, but her son brings her by once in a while to see Buster.

It's a good thing we have so much brush. I'm just no good at bringing in animals as "short timers". Ours come here and stay for life. Connie the calf in the photos is training to be a Lady Ox, and will also have a lifetime home.

Lynda

6. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

That's a wonderful story...no wonder he is so beautiful. You are doing him and his original master a service. Good people are hard to come by nowadays, I hope you have children to instill that quality in, the world could use a good generation of farm raised kids. :cowboy:

7. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

Loved the photo's :eek: Buddy has awsome nubian ears!! I have a Molly (black spotted nubian) and a Mable(Boer)...Dessee,Jessee,Chantel,Sybil,Abbey,Ellie,Kaley,Etc...all mine are named also! :clap:

8. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I just LOVED the photos, they were SOOO cute. Thank you for sharing them.

9. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

Cool pics! Love those long ears!