Goat milk in Portland, OR

Discussion in 'Goats' started by PromisedLand, Dec 16, 2006.

1. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Well-Known Member

I am going to be arriving in Portland, OR in a couple of days (prayerfully). My baby has been living on raw goat milk and I want to continue to feed it to her. Anyone here have milk goats in the Portland area or know someone who does? I'd be willing to drive quite a ways to pick up milk. Once we find a place and get settled I'd also be interested in buying my own goat milks so if anyone knows where I can do that let me know! Then I'd be spending lots more time on this part of the board! (Huge learning curve here!)

Thanks
    PL

2. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

3. dezeeuwgoats

dezeeuwgoats Well-Known Member

PL - I am not sure where you are in Portland - it is a big place. When I visited Battleground, Wa last summer for six weeks, I bought my milk at the Conway farm in Camas, Washington. They sell raw, fluid milk and are a grade a microdairy with twelve milkers. I found them via localharvest. Neat family - immaculate farm.

Their number is 360-830-0315. I still had it in my phone, lol. Camas is just on the other side of the Columbia River from Portland. If you use them - feel free to let them know I gave you the referral. She'll remember my last name - DeZeeuw, pronounced DeZayoh.

Niki

4. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Email me, I probably know every goat owner in the area. I also have nice healthy goats kidding from Feb on out to May/June. Honestly though, almost every goater I know has their animals dried up now and are waiting on kidding - very seasonal here. Lots of local specialty stores carry goats milk, Haggens and such.