Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· An Ozark Engineer
13,623 Posts
If you can loop a cord around the lower jaw, it will help you to position the head correctly.

· An Ozark Engineer
13,623 Posts
If the bottom of the hoof is facing upward, it is a back leg, and the kid is deliverable.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Its a front leg for sure I fell maybe a head but its so tight its up by or behind her little pelvic bone I'm trying to move it but I'm not getting anywhere . She's also too young to have babies i need to add that I'd why on earth they let her get bred

· An Ozark Engineer
13,623 Posts
I'm so sorry about this trauma - for the doe and for you. I know you are doing the very best that you can. I hate to tell you this, but if that kid is not delivered, both the doe and the kid will die. It IS possible to pull that kid with only one leg presenting - It's a really hard, hard pull; I've had to do it in the past. How long has your doe been struggling with this labor?

Reactions: mzgarden

· An Ozark Engineer
13,623 Posts
That's too long! Doe must be exhausted. You'll have to sacrifice the kid if you want to save the doe.

· An Ozark Engineer
13,623 Posts
At this stage, I'd pull with all my might to get that kid out of there. Oh, how I wish I could help you!

Reactions: mzgarden
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.