Goat grooming/clipping

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Milking Mom, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

I have a Oster Shearmaster clipper. It is brand new practically, daughter used it like 3 times to trim her lamb. It has a 4 point cutter with a 20 tooth goat comb. Can I use this to trim my goats? I have a lady that is suppose to come trim up my goats and she asked if I had a clipper, that she had burned hers up. I told her I had 2, a $19.00 one from WalMart and this Shearmaster clipper. She said the one from WalMart would take forever. She said she thought the one she has is like my big one, but maybe with a different head. I know nothing about these clippers. My daughter and her friend were the ones that did all the lamb trimming.

Is it ok to use it because it says a goat comb on it? Does anybody else use one of these larger clippers? What kind of head do you have on yours and what kind of blades do you use?

2. MoBarger

MoBarger Goat's Milk soap for sale

Hmm depends I guess on what you are trimming for. A #10 or a blocking blade will do ya best imo.

3. Eunice

Eunice Well-Known Member

Heck, if it's tuff enuff to trim sheep, it can handle goat hair. It'll probably be okay.