Goat Berries???

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ozark_jewels, Jun 8, 2006.

1. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

My brother has a perverted sense of humour.......
    My 13 year old sister is baking molasses cookies this evening and Andrew, 12 is helping by dropping spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheets. Then he gets this brilliant idea......he takes small pieces of dark molasses cookie dough, rolls it into balls, dents it a bit on two sides, places them in a neat little pile on a plate, walks into the computer room where I am working and says' "I just LOVE eating goat berries", drops one in his mouth and chews. I was caught so off guard and the light was dim enough that for a moment I was seriously considering the possibility that they *were* goat berries....LOL!! Brothers, Sheesh!!<grin>

2. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

Brothers have a way of trying to gross out anyone big time. Sometime sisters do too. I was the sister that grossed out the others... seemed kind of funny to me to watch someone squirm and not know how to respond to my off beat sense of humor. :shrug:

Goat berries? They're similar to rabbit berries. Maybe your sister should learn how to make a lighter colored recipe to keep your brother from saying that.

Then again, he might call them faded goat berries. You might want to keep him away from raisins too. When he starts calling them possum and skunk scat, you know you have a problem. :p

3. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Oh goodness he got you really good there. LOL.. It is a wonder you didn't hit the floor.

4. ScorpionFlower

ScorpionFlower Insanity prevails

OMG, that's too funny! I could see my son trying something like that! He came to me at Christmas and told me we should leave "Reindeer Poo" on our friend's doorsteps. (chocolate covered raisins), and Snowman Poo for our friends (yogurt covered raisins). Kids!

5. LittleRedHen

LittleRedHen Well-Known Member Supporter

I ate some black beans in my mexican burrito the other day and I couldn't help but think of goat berries while I was eating.

6. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

my grandmother made a cookie called "terds". They really looked like dog poop that had been outside on a cold frosty night. The most delicious cookie ever. In my recipe file they are listed as terds.
    steff

7. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

LOL...I call them "milk duds", because that's what I think they look like. The molasses cookie idea, cool...I may have to use that at the next family party.

Ruth

8. moosemaniac

So how much to get you to share?

Ruth

9. Kittikity

Kittikity Small scale homesteader

I used to raise pet rats.. Yes, I know most of you think rat and think eww.. But pet rats are very sweet and can be very adorable.. Anyway, we had a saying.. "Beware of rats offering chocolate covered raisens"

10. tbishop

tbishop Well-Known Member

Or rabbits with coco puffs.

Tim B.

11. moosemaniac

I think pet rats are adorable.

Ruth

12. TxCloverAngel

TxCloverAngel Happiness is Homemade

Yhooo Hooo Steff....
    as a mom of 4 boys who are in a constant battle of the grossest... I second the request for the "terd" recipe :)

13. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

I made a sheet cake for our goat club and decorated it with a Boer goat. In the one corner, onto the plate, I put grape jelly beans. Everyone got a kick out of that.