Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister just called. A friend of hers called and said that her daughter, aged 19, died. The daughter was home from college for the holiday. She didn't respond when her dad called her to supper. Mom went to go and wake her and she was dead. This child was a good student, never a problem to her parents, very polite and mannerable and wasn't sick. This was their only child and they are so distraught. An autopsy is being performed.

Life is so short and we are so blessed with the companionship of our loved ones. Never take for granted for one moment that anyone will be here tomorrow. Please go hug your children, loved ones, friends and let them know how much they mean to you.

I'm asking for prayers for this family.

·
Seriously?
1,171 Posts
I pray this family finds the answers they seek that might help them cope a bit better in understanding with their horrible loss. May God watch over them in their time of pain.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sancraft,
Prayers are being said. Would you mind if I posted this to some friends? I'm so sorry your family is going through this. It's never easy to lose a loved one, especially someone so young and during the holidays. My heart goes out to all of you during this time.

I don't mind you posting to friends. One can never be prayed for too much. Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I will be praying for this family, I am so sorry.

Life and Death........in the end life is so fragile. It seems like I keep posting this the last week or so (maybe because the anniversary is fast approaching) but we lost my BIL last Christmas Eve, he quietly slipped while he napped from a heart defect we didn't know about. My youngest daughter will be turning 4 this Christmas Eve. Life and Death.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
They are in my prayers. I'll have to tell my girls why they are getting extra hugs.....they are always suspicious when I do that.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Those poor people, I can't even imagine what they are feeling. I'm so very sorry to hear of this, all my children are around that age. Prayers sent.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
Praying here. I can say losing one of my babies is my absolute worst fear. God bless this poor family.

·
Premium Member
42,693 Posts
So sorry to hear about your freinds daughter. Life is indeed short, even when it runs a full course but to check out this early really is sad.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
How painful. Prayers said for all who grieve for her.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Sancraft, we had this happen to one of our firefighters a few years ago. Their younger daughter (16 or 17 at the time), slept on the couch one night in order not to wake up her sister because she'd come in late. The next morning her sister (about 19) went to wake her for school and Liz was dead.

She'd had a heart problem and they knew about it, but according to all evidence, it was something she had outgrown or wasn't expected to give her much problem. Sadly they were wrong.

I will pray for all of your family; I remember how badly it hurt us just watching our friends go through this from the outside - she was just a wonderful sweet girl - I cannot imagine how much it hurts when it is one of your own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts