Go AWAY George Bush!!!! You're scaring my goats.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by homebirtha, Oct 11, 2006.

1. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

GW is scaring my goats and chickens, darnit.

Marine One just flew over my yard, just above the tree tops. I swear to you, I could see in the windows. Geez, here he comes again. It's making the house shake. I guess he has friends in town who want to see the leaves changing on their way to Camp David.

The turkeys are freaking out! GO AWAY!!!!!!!! :flame:

2. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

Boy- I didn't realize farm animals were so smart, they should be scared!

3. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

Poor you! Darn Bush! He better not be scaring my poor goaties and chickens too! I don't know because I am not home right now.

4. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if someone from the DNC shows up to register your animals to Vote......LOL!

5. homebirtha

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. This was the third of fourth fly-by, not as close as the first time, but I had the camera out.

[​IMG]

6. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

Have you tried firing a warning shot across their bow? :) :)

7. homebirtha

Hmmmm.... all I need is a trebuchet to go with this wheelbarrow full of goat berries....

8. tamatik

tamatik Well-Known Member

do up your top button he mite be sneaking a peek

9. kars1995

kars1995 Well-Known Member

That can't be as bad as when the F16's fly over, and over, and over. :) But then, I do live in Crawford so what's new.....

10. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

when did he fly over right now hes at the whithe house giving a speech in the rose graden on all tv networks 10 am here.

11. Aintlifegrand

Aintlifegrand Well-Known Member

Try having the lovely B-52's fly into the base over your farm on their way down or up...talk about a house shaking.lol

12. jross

jross swamper

Lucky no one saw you taking the pics, or you would have been arrested. Of course if when arrested you shouted Allah is great, why then you would have been let go and the Democrats would be at your place to sign you up for the DNC. When they do, tell them you are here illegally and the checks will come rolling in. As long as you promise to vote their ticket.
    Seriously, while I don't have B52's, I do have KC10's, C-131's, A-10's, and the newest C-17's. I don't complain, because during deer season, their racket allows me to stand up and stretch. I asked some of the pilots I played with if they could set their takeoffs and landings at 10 AM and 3PM, but they wouldn't cooperate.

13. alpinechicken

alpinechicken Active Member

Cheny is our problem. When we lived in Jackson, we were just down the road from his place and he often visited the house beside us.

You always know when he is in town. Jets overhead on a very regular schedule. Even now we are 45 mins away but they flight path still effects us.

Jill

14. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Boy make sure you were BRIGHT orange when Cheney is around! :help:

My husband hunts way in the woods in Northwestern Maine on paper co land...he sometimes has military buzz him in the tree stand and then "herd" the deer in his general direction :cool:

Our problem is the govenor and his helicopter....our home/farm is between the capitol and Bangor where his family lives...my daughter has spoken to him about this :nono:

15. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you sure they weren't looking for patches of Pot? They do that here with choppers.

16. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

That was last August at my parents....we were cutting corn but the people across the stream were harvesting something else and got caught LOL

17. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

Next time your dh runs into Baldy give give me a ring, I have something I want to fire into his "flak jacket"

18. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

I had an A-10 do a simulated run on My Baja Bug out in the desert once,it was sooooo outrageous,really something.That is quite the airplane.

I pictured some young fella up there just having a ball.Scared BooBoo though;then again,It was a typical day for me and BooBoo too,we had some crazy adventures.

BooBoo

19. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

I scanned all the responses quickly, but I wonder if this had anythign to do with the airplane that crashed (accident) into that appartment building. They said that Norad scrambled pilots and all the major cities had fly overs today just in case.

20. homebirtha

I doubt they'd use Marine 1. Or it could have been "Marine 2" and Cheney. DH said he was probably working on his Rose Garden speech. lol.

I'm sure it was one of the presidential transport helicopters. I saw it very close up that first fly-by. Understand, we're veeery close to Camp David, so we see them A LOT. Just not that close, and not for 45 minutes. Very weird. Someone joked that it was Dick looking for a new hunting spot. :eek: