Homesteading Forum banner
101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
If we made politicians and politically motivated "scientists" hold their endless debates in a space ship orbiting the earth our level of co2 and heat production would be lowered dramatically.
(sarcasm, just in case someone missed that)
Actually, you may have a valid point. They can fart up there too.

·
Shazbot!
5,522 Posts
3 plus years, biology major, emphasis in land management. Kinda know what I'm talking about.
Heritagefarm posted on 9-19-2015. I cannot pull the quote forward because the thread is locked. The thread is about Glyphosate/Round up.

"Since you are unaware of my current education level, I will give it to you: I am a third year college of science student, majoring in biology"

Your talking to an x-biology major...And I know facts that you don't...
c02 helps trap heat that is trying to radiate back out into space..
Grow up...

Patterns never change.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
"Since you are unaware of my current education level, I will give it to you: I am a third year college of science student, majoring in biology"
Thats great! What field...animal and land management? Bunches of ways to go. I couldn't cut it. Always on

probation...However I did use some of the hours going into pittsuburg state...Put me on probation there the

1st semester too. (laugh) But it helped me get around all the 1st year freshman stuff...art exploration...etc.

·
Shazbot!
5,522 Posts
Thats great! What field...animal and land management? Bunches of ways to go. I couldn't cut it. Always on

probation...However I did use some of the hours going into pittsuburg state...Put me on probation there the

1st semester too. (laugh) But it helped me get around all the 1st year freshman stuff...art exploration...etc.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
To summarize M.Tullius Cicero's essay on the value of a Liberal Arts education: You study to become a better human being. If your goal is to earn more money, do an apprenticeship.

BS-- Bull S*** MS-- More S*** PhD-- Piled higher and Deeper

·
Registered
6,520 Posts

So you’re not even going to try to deny that you’re a sock puppet member who has already been banned twice?

I mean, we all know it, but would still expect you to at least try to deny it.

146 Posts
In just a day’s time, Super Typhoon Goni transformed from an ordinary Pacific cyclone into the year’s most intense storm on the planet. The typhoon is on a beeline for the Philippines, where it is expected to roar ashore Sunday.

Goni’s explosive intensification occurred over the warm waters in the western Pacific Ocean. Its peak winds catapulted from just shy of 100 mph to nearly 180 mph between Thursday and Friday night local time.

Once its peak winds surpassed 150 mph, it qualified as a “super typhoon,” which is equivalent to a strong Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic. But it grew even more intense, comparable to a strong Category 5.

Its leap in strength occurred over waters about 2 to 3 degrees (1 to 1.5 Celsius) warmer than normal. Such rapid intensification is made more likely by human-caused climate change, which has raised ocean temperatures globally.

In your OPINION.

146 Posts
It is this sentence:

Such rapid intensification is made more likely by human-caused climate change

But they didn't say those waters were that temp because of human caused climate change. Just that human caused climate change could make a Tsunami worse.

So if the premise that humans changing the environment is a very bad thing why are we trying to pass legislation to do just that?

The global temp is changing. That it is us, not so sure, although we aren't without our influences. The earth's flora and fauna has done much better with the higher temp's in the past. Your alarm is that it dosn't fit YOUR ADGENDA.

Be brave, realize that we as are not that important. Go grab a beer, sit down, and relax....

146 Posts
It is this sentence:

Such rapid intensification is made more likely by human-caused climate change

But they didn't say those waters were that temp because of human caused climate change. Just that human caused climate change could make a Tsunami worse.

So if the premise that humans changing the environment is a very bad thing why are we trying to pass legislation to do just that?

Isn't that what the "woke" crap is all about?

146 Posts
Summary of Atlantic IndicesFigure 3: Normalized Atlantic Indices. Since the late-19th Century global (green) and tropical Atlantic (blue) temperatures have risen – an increase that was partly driven by increased greenhouse gases. If one does not account for possible missed storms (first red line) Atlantic tropical storms appear to have increased with temperature; however, once one accounts for possible missed storms (second and third red lines) basinwide storms have not exhibited a significant increase. When one focuses only on landfalling storms (yellow lines) the nominal trend has been for a decrease. Figure adapted from Vecchi and Knutson (2008, J. Climate)
No correlation of storm numbers or intensity with global average studies. In fact, recent trend is decreasing number & size of storms.

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
The global temp is changing. That it is us, not so sure, although we aren't without our influences. The earth's flora and fauna has done much better with the higher temp's in the past. Your alarm is that it dosn't fit YOUR ADGENDA.

Be brave, realize that we as are not that important. Go grab a beer, sit down, and relax....
I think you must have misread my post. I was disagreeing with the op.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
My degree has been good to me. The last job before I retired paid 70$/hr..105$ every hour over 40.

I know guys doing contract engineering that buy a new home at just about every job they take.

And everybody in the world owes their lives to engineers for we are the ones that make the bridges safe

to drive on and the cars to get them there. The furniture that you sit in to the electric tooth brush you use.

Hug an engineer today..... 😁

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
My degree has been good to me. The last job before I retired paid 70$/hr..105$ every hour over 40.

I know guys doing contract engineering that buy a new home at just about every job they take.

And everybody in the world owes their lives to engineers for we are the ones that make the bridges safe

to drive on and the cars to get them there. The furniture that you sit in to the electric tooth brush you use.

Hug an engineer today..... 😁
Hahahahaha...roflmoa.....bwaahaaa....to

Hysterical...

For...

Words....

Reactions: po boy

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
We wouldn't survive now without engineers..And no one is wanting to go back to a time where we did our own

engineering. That would be before the invention of the wheel I believe.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts