Homesteading Forum banner
61 - 80 of 150 Posts

·
Shazbot!
5,522 Posts
3 plus years, biology major, emphasis in land management. Kinda know what I'm talking about.
I have heard your claims of being older and more educated than you really are from your last sock puppet identity. It didn't impress me then, it certainly doesn't this time either.

But it's your lie, you tell it like you want to.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
A cow fart is blowing a mass of hot gassy air; the manure we like to call s***.
The word for a combination of both is known as "shart".
Seems applicable.

·
Saltine American
6,824 Posts
I lived through that 30-year ice age and two the world is going to end ten years or so. My age may take me before the end of the current hyped threat!

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
All the foolish comments. GW will make the hardships of corona look like nothing. A tinkle in mankind's history. Global

Warming will cause wars for resources...food, water....land. Terrorists activists will come after this country for its

failure to abide by treaties...for causing over 30% of the pollutents going into the air..for trumps lack of progress

in controlling the problem. A little girl knows this ... you'all aren't equipped to.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Until countries like china and India and Russia and, well the list goes on and on. But until most of the world actually tries to change their industrial habits its a absolute waste of time to worry about most of Europe and and North America. At this time the citizens of the USA are paying high prices for living here due to pollution control. These other countries listed are not, and therefore makes it harder for us to compete. Need to take this global warning mandate over to china perhaps and start up some attempts at fixing it. Oh, by the way be sure to send us a letter of how things went, from the prison they toss you in for the attempt.

·
Registered
34,293 Posts
ahahaahahahahaahhhaaaaaaa :rolleyes:

Go spout your pseudo copy and paste theory elsewhere..
Other than you, we appreciate his post. He shows an very stark contrast between the stuff you post.

It is obvious to most, if not all of us, that his posts are over your head.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
All the foolish comments. GW will make the hardships of corona look like nothing. A tinkle in mankind's history. Global

Warming will cause wars for resources...food, water....land. Terrorists activists will come after this country for its

failure to abide by treaties...for causing over 30% of the pollutents going into the air..for trumps lack of progress

in controlling the problem. A little girl knows this ... you'all aren't equipped to.
Because you're so well versed in this stuff, I'm sure you know that the temperature record over the past 2000 yrs has varied over a range of ~1degC. That pencils out to a standard deviation of ~0.25 degC. Yet no year has had a variation from the mean by more than 0.5deC, ie-- all temps fall within 2SD from the mean and as such are NORMAL (by mathematical definition) for the 2000 yr period.

Now last year, here in the upper MW, for instance, we had a summer maximum one day of 95degF and a winter minimum one night of -35degF-- quite usual for temp yearly extremes.-- that's 130F swing. It's not at all rare for a single diurnal swing to be 40degF. Over the last 40 yrs (period of the credible satellite record) the "GW" amounts to +0.9 degF....That's a warming of 0.01% annual warming compared to the annual temp variation. Do you think any life form can sense that?.

. I was told as a young man that we were at risk. My children were told as youngsters that they were at risk. And now their children are being told that their children will be at risk...We've been just a few years away from the tipping point for forty yrs now.

And for you others out there-- keep in mind that "El Nino" is Spanish--- for "The Nino." :)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Until countries like china and India and Russia and, well the list goes on and on. But until most of the world actually tries to change their industrial habits its a absolute waste of time to worry about most of Europe and and North America. At this time the citizens of the USA are paying high prices for living here due to pollution control. These other countries listed are not, and therefore makes it harder for us to compete. Need to take this global warning mandate over to china perhaps and start up some attempts at fixing it. Oh, by the way be sure to send us a letter of how things went, from the prison they toss you in for the attempt.
It's been calculated by several different experts that it would take an investment of $4000 Trillion dollars to mitigate man-made contribution to atm carbon. Considering that the world GDP is ~$75T, that means the world would have to spend it's entire earnings for 54 yrs to accomplish that with no guarantees it would do anything to world climate.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Because you're so well versed in this stuff, I'm sure you know that the temperature record over the past 2000 yrs has varied over a range of ~1degC. That pencils out to a standard deviation of ~0.25 degC. Yet no year has had a variation from the mean by more than 0.5deC, ie-- all temps fall within 2SD from the mean and as such are NORMAL (by mathematical definition) for the 2000 yr period.

Now last year, here in the upper MW, for instance, we had a summer maximum one day of 95degF and a winter minimum one night of -35degF-- quite usual for temp yearly extremes.-- that's 130F swing. It's not at all rare for a single diurnal swing to be 40degF. Over the last 40 yrs (period of the credible satellite record) the "GW" amounts to +0.9 degF....That's a warming of 0.01% annual warming compared to the annual temp variation. Do you think any life form can sense that?.

. I was told as a young man that we were at risk. My children were told as youngsters that they were at risk. And now their children are being told that their children will be at risk...We've been just a few years away from the tipping point for forty yrs now.

And for you others out there-- keep in mind that "El Nino" is Spanish--- for "The Nino." :)
Yeah, well doc you send a letter of your profundity to nasa...tell them their analysis is all wet...

;)

On a 98-degree June day in Washington in 1988, physicist James Hansen told a U.S. Senate committee that “global warming is now large enough that we can ascribe with a high degree of confidence a cause and effect relationship to the greenhouse effect.” Hansen, at the time director of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, elaborated that “with 99% confidence we can state that the warming during this time period is a real warming trend.”

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
NASA. Oh that's rich! He thinks that the people that are self proclaimed experts begging for us to send them money to fix the problem that they discovered are capable of turning out factual information. You'd have better luck coming up with factual information from the church during the sixth century. That is pretty much the state of the scientific community right now. Look at the idiots colleges are churning out.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
NASA. Oh that's rich! He thinks that the people that are self proclaimed experts begging for us to send them money to fix the problem that they discovered are capable of turning out factual information. You'd have better luck coming up with factual information from the church during the sixth century. That is pretty much the state of the scientific community right now. Look at the idiots colleges are churning out.

Hee hee....Joe is for science..

·
Banned
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Wow, that was money that would have been better spent fighting global warming for someone with the cognitive aptitude more suited to working in a carwash.
The degree is a BSME..I would actually design the car wash...You could work there...washing the windows...

61 - 80 of 150 Posts