Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please al gore help us we need your global warming was - 24 this morning after a hi of -13 on sunday with a -34 windchill is has made it up to -4 at noon today so please send us some of your global warming mr. gore

·
Registered
678 Posts
The radio said it's colder here than at the North Pole today.

Thermometer just read -25 and holding.

At least there's no wind at the moment.

·
Registered
912 Posts
You betcha we got global warming. It's 59 here in good ole PA today. I'd like to share, but I'd also like to hang onto this warm weather for a few more hours. You're on your own!

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Al Gore is from the south.
He's afraid of warmer weather.
Here in Vermont we would welcome it.

Do you remember back during the 1970's the scientists were warning that we are headed for another ice age? That it was overdue? Well, praise be the global warming that has prevented that.

I don't like pollution, fine, stop that. But, ten degrees of global warming is nothing. Try another ice age, Al, with -30 degrees more of cooling. Winter's cold enough as it is.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
And remember that in the late 70s the same idiots were warning of the coming ice age.

They were prepared to salt the polar regions with black coal dust to promote warming.

Now they want us all to live in a hovel with a 13 watt CF bulb and eat sprouts. Organic, of course.

Or we can all live according to High Priest Gore. In massive "green" skyscrapers where you work in the bottom floors with stores just above. Is that living?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, could use some global warming today...it was -21 out this morning with a windchill of -40. I like to see Ole' Al live here and say we have a global warming problem!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Didn't you hear? This cold snap is cause by anthropogenic global warming! The Warmistas have been morphing it to global climate change.

And I agree. There is global climate change every year. Spring, summer, autumn, winter.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
From my understanding, Global Warming just doesn't mean the overall temperature will be warmer, but that we will have extreme weather all year long. Extreme high temperatures causing droughts in the summer time, and extreme bitter cold weather during the winter.

Instead of getting 3 or 4 snowfalls around here we now get major icestorms. Instead of an occasional once a week spring rain during the spring/early summer, we now get major flooding almost on a weekly basis. And our annual summer droughts are being drowned out by hurricanes pushing all the way up here in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ditto that.

In florida, I used to be able to count on the spring rains coming the same week in March, nice mild rainstorms throughout the growing season, and mild 5 min. showers in the summer. Hurricanes were a joke too in our area.

Ten-fifteen years later, the spring rains don't come as clockwork, our area turned into a more monsoonal weather with extreme dry weather in the summer, and heavy rains for days, even last year it was a month of raining. Ugh. And don't get me started on how bad the hurricanes are now. Before for I left our region, the only thing that would grow well in our area during the spring & summer were desert/drought tolerant plants.

Climate change must be something those of us in warmer weather notice /effect more I guess.

·
Premium Member
18,155 Posts
-29ºF on my truck's rearview mirror thermometer this morning on our drive into work. WIHH took a photo of the temp with her cellphone and sent it to her relatives in Texas! :shrug:

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
From my understanding, Global Warming just doesn't mean the overall temperature will be warmer, but that we will have extreme weather all year long. Extreme high temperatures causing droughts in the summer time, and extreme bitter cold weather during the winter.

Instead of getting 3 or 4 snowfalls around here we now get major icestorms. Instead of an occasional once a week spring rain during the spring/early summer, we now get major flooding almost on a weekly basis. And our annual summer droughts are being drowned out by hurricanes pushing all the way up here in Oklahoma.
That's the 'revised' definition since the original one didn't pan out. They'll still be screaming global warning when the glaciers come over the hill.

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
This was the premise of a movie "The Day After Tomorrow (2004)" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319262/ and the movie was so filled with scientific flaws my young sons and I laughed through out the film. Otherwise it was a fun movie, provided you don't understand science. The premise has some merit but the next ice age was already coming and the movie's failure to get a good science advisor really hurt it. They also need to have someone on the team who's actually lived in a cold climate. They do really stupid things (taking their gloves off and grabbing metal) and impossible things (then letting go of the metal).

In the last 40 years I've seen cold years and warm years, wet years and dry years. It's all a cycle. If you look back in history you find that our ancestors migrated here over the last hundreds and thousands of years due to the same variations in climate that were actually far more extreme than we're seeing happen today.

Reality check: pollution is bad but the global warming / cooling hysteria is just that, hysteria. They don't know what's happening and its all happened before.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Correct. Once the man-made global warming hoax didn't fly with people who had more than two brain cells they decided that the term "climate change" should be employed. That way ANY weather extremes can be captured under that umbrella thus the money can keep flowing to feed those who profit from the hoax. Sever hurricanes? Tornado outbreaks? Ice storms? Blizzards? Heatwaves? Sub-zero temps? Even earthquakes and tsunamis? Don't worry...it all fits nice an neat under the pseudo-science umbrella of "climate change".

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I want to have somebody explain how we make carbon dioxide a pollutant.

We exhale CO2. Animals exhale CO2. Plants uptake CO2. So are we to cease breathing?

Perfect combustion results in water vapor and CO2. For decades thge regulators have been pushing industry to more perfect combustion because the products of imperfect combustion (CO, NOx, SOx, PM, ROG) are pollutants and do cause problems. These are all criteria pollutants.

The only way to reduce emissions of CO2 (other than us to cease breathing) is to reduce combustion. Once you understand that, then you will understand that the goal of this alarmism is to control our lives even more. Our entire economy is dependent on energy. If we reduce combustion then we reduce wealth.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts