glider rocker arms

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by jehayes, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jehayes

jehayes New Member

I need to replace an 8 inch glider rocker arm and the bearings. I can't find 8 inch arms anywhere. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I could look?
    thanks in advance.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Assuming that the word 'glider' is in reference to a porch swing rather than an aircraft, these may be hard to find unless you seek the original manufacture. Bearings are standard sizes and easy to find, just take the 5 digit number stamped on the side and seek the same number. Any bearing shop or adequate machine shop should stock such. As for the arms, you may have to have them made in a local machine shop, unless you can do such yourself.

3. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

I no exactly what your talking about.Ive got the same problem.But have no idea who even made the silly chair.
    If you have the manufactures name.Id bet they have a web site.If you beg really hard they might send you a new one. :D

How many you need i may throw this one out.Its at my grandmothers house so i cant look at it.But I'm thinking it has 4 arms doesn't it.Arms= the straight parts that goes from the seat to the bottom frame.

By the way Welcome aboard! :baby04: