Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GD DF gave up his parental rights today so he won't have to pay Child Support.He has a couple other Kids by another woman he did the same thing with.

Must be nice.But thats ok she will be taken care of.

big rockpile

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like this guy needs a vasectomy(probally spelled wrong). :bash:

:flame: My girls' father doesn't pay child support and still has parental rights. That sucks. I wonder if I could get them taken away for not paying child support? or not visiting them. Hasn't seen them in over a year. And has only seen them but 3 times in almost 4 years.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
He needs a new career, something that doesn't involve creations that he abandons. What a jerk, but on the other hand, she doesn't need a jerk like that around.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FUNKY PIONEER said:
:baby04: Check your state laws, most states don't allow people to pull this kind of stunt. My EX has no parental rights, but still has to cough up the cash every month.
DD called soon as they got through with the Lawyer.Its all Legal.

Actually maybe its for the best the punk was calling her the B word and a few other things :flame: .DD wouldn't let me at him.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
In the state of Florida if a parent wants to give up their rights, the other parent has to agree if they are doing so willingly. If they do then the parent relinquishing the rights has no rights to the child what so ever. No visitation, no child support, no claiming them on their taxes and so on. The state can terminate their rights should a good deal of abuse or neglect were proven. Such as the case when parents lose children into the foster system, eventually to be adopted. From a legal stand point they have no children at that point. And this is also the first step in adopting a child if the custodial parent is remarried. The biological parent has to give up their rights in order for this child to be adopted by the other step parent. Completely legal.

Rock, Prayers for your daughter and grandchild and the father who does not see this blessing for what it is......a miracle.
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
WELL MY SONS FATHER GAVE UP HIS RIGHTS, IT WAS EITHER THAT OR GO TO JAIL FOR 6 MNTHS AND THEN BE 6 MORE MONTHS BEHIND WHEN HE GOT OUT. IN OTHER WORDS HE WOULD SPEND ALOT OF TIME IN JAIL. hOWEVER GIVING UP RIGHTS DIDNT MEAN MY SON COULDNT INHERIT FROM HIM. iF HE DIES AND HAS ANYTHING OF VALUE , MY SON INHERITS HIS PERCENTAGE.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
My dds father did that when she was 10 (she's 17 now). He didn't want to have to help pay her medical bills. He didn't have any trouble paying child support though. Always faithful with that (military). My dh adopted her. Guess what? Three years later, guess who started calling again? Now, dd wants everything to do with him and he gets all the benefits with no responsibility. DH is hurt. DD loves dh, but she wants a relationship with her df. Go figure.

·
In Memorium
15,516 Posts
hmsteader71 said:
My dds father did that when she was 10 (she's 17 now). He didn't want to have to help pay her medical bills. He didn't have any trouble paying child support though. Always faithful with that (military). My dh adopted her. Guess what? Three years later, guess who started calling again? Now, dd wants everything to do with him and he gets all the benefits with no responsibility. DH is hurt. DD loves dh, but she wants a relationship with her df. Go figure.
Teenagers go through a time like that. They are exploring the world and all its ramifications. She'll probably grow out of it. If not, she will get hurt but it may be a growing experience.

Regarding what BR posted, maybe it's just as well if the jerk is out of the childs life!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I talked it over with my DW,she told me that it wasn't all on the up and up.But it will make it easier when our DD gets married and the Guy wants to adopt our GD.

big rockpile

·
mean people suck
2,533 Posts
Actually you might could get the parental rights taken away if he hasn't seen them or tried to make contact with them in over a year. I know in the state of TN you can petition the court after 6 mos of no contact. You might talk to your lawyer, if you feel that is something you want to do.

S.A.J. said:
Sounds like this guy needs a vasectomy(probally spelled wrong). :bash:

:flame: My girls' father doesn't pay child support and still has parental rights. That sucks. I wonder if I could get them taken away for not paying child support? or not visiting them. Hasn't seen them in over a year. And has only seen them but 3 times in almost 4 years.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
A vassectomy is too good for this loser. A complete catrastion sounds better. :flame: I've got the hedge clippers, if you'll hold 'em down Rocky.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sancraft said:
A vassectomy is too good for this loser. A complete catrastion sounds better. :flame: I've got the hedge clippers, if you'll hold 'em down Rocky.
Dang Girl you sound Bad as my DW.

We use to work at a Poultry Plant,she would take a hand full of Fries,look at me,smile,and squeeze them :eek:

big rockpile

·
chickaholic goddess
2,740 Posts
My ex is a deadbeat as well. HE won't contact them because he has told them I will harrass him whatever that means. My youngest DD emails him every so often and he tells her he will send her money for this and that but it never comes about. He owes a TON of child support Iam sure we will never see it tho. He even fled to Canada so its almost impossible to get him.

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
I think he needs to kneel on home plate and let Barry Bonds do his thing.

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
big rockpile said:
DD called soon as they got through with the Lawyer.Its all Legal.

Actually maybe its for the best the punk was calling her the B word and a few other things :flame: .DD wouldn't let me at him.

big rockpile

I don't think they should allow that crap to be legal. Alot of deadbeat men could just go out and father children and legally walk away from being responsible.

·
Amanda
1,138 Posts
On the other hand, there are alot of parents that are paying child support and the other parent will not let them see the child. My DH has a 9 yr old son that he has seen 2 times since the child was 8 months old. We have gone to their home town for visitations and the mother would show up without the child time after time. She always comes up with excuses.

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
When we saw an attorney in 2002 because XH was 2 yrs behind on support and was threatening us for custody.... we found out a few things.... I'll share what I know....

A MAN (and I use that turn loosely) can terminate his parental rights to avoid FUTURE child support payments but cannot do so until ALL ARREARS have been paid! (mine wanted to skip out on almost $15,000 but the lawyer told him he would be laughed out of the court and right into JAIL if he pursued custody changes!!!) :)

As far as not seeing the kids and having his parental rights terminated on that basis.... thats illegal (no judge in his right mind would do that).... (mine hadn't seen them in 2 years and was threatening to take the kids to avoid paying me support) Lawyer said that parental rights termination is rare and based on severe abuse, danger or etc... However, avoiding them, lying to them on the phone, not seeing them in years does not meet the criteria of their rights being terminated....

So while my XH has parental rights, he has not seen them in almost 7 years... his choice and he hasn't spoken to them in over 5 yrs...... he has told many people that he thinks they were mistakes.... (I'm so glad I got custody!!) What a guy! Best thing was that after our 2nd son, he got a vastectomy!! After our divorce, I felt a twinge of regret that he would never be able to have more kids, but after I saw how STUPID he really was regarding our sons, I am SO VERY GLAD NO OTHER children will ever have to call him DADDY!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.