Gifts for an 11 year old boy?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by NickieL, Dec 5, 2011.

1. NickieL

NickieL Accidental Farmer

Ok, help me out here, since I don't have kids, I have no idea what is poppular with them or not.

He listed that he wanted mega blocks which I am getting him but I want to add some other things too so I need some ideas! Of course I'm getting him some practical gifts too, but I think this kid needs some fun stuff to make his holiday time special so thoughts are appreciated! This kid has soy allergies so I'm not going to get him any kind of food items.

2. Ohio dreamer

Ohio dreamer 1/2 bubble off plumb

Neff guns are a HUGE hit with my kids (9 & 12).

3. NickieL

Thanks Ohio, I'm adding that to the list!

4. Our Little Farm

Our Little Farm Well-Known Member Supporter

Bouncy balls? Soccer ball? Sled. Board game. There is a great hand held Simon game at Target that my 12 year old son got last year and loved. My boys like Nerf guns, Rubik cubes.

5. Our Little Farm

There is a short one called a Maverick that is popular. Plus Target have star wars ones for $9.99 each, if he is into star wars.

6. sewsilly

sewsilly Well-Known Member

A good quality yoyo.
    A Good swiss multi knife
    A shoe shine kit.
    Good flashlight and a head lamp.
    Camping equipment.

Good things for MY 11 year old boys.

dawn

7. Our Little Farm

My boys also love the dragonology books, plus comic boos. (annuals) I got them second hand from Amazon and they were in perfect condition. They like Calvin and Hobbs, Garfield..

8. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

Every 11 year old boy should have a sling shot, pocket knife, hatchet, BB gun, and a Boy Scout first aid manual.

9. NickieL

I agree LOL but, since he's not my kid, I can't be sure his parent would appreciate gifts like that!

10. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

Someone has to be the naughty Auntie.

11. Callieslamb

Callieslamb Well-Known Member

My 11yr old likes anything Phineas and Ferb. He is also getting the hardware to pinewood derby cars since he loves to design and build them. We can add a simple air brush or something like a dremel tool later.

12. sewsilly

sewsilly Well-Known Member

Ask them... you might be surprised.. skip the BB gun for someone elses kid, but the pocket knife is a tool if instructed properly.

Depending on the kid, you could also 'sponsor' him to Boy Scouts... which is a good, good thing if you find a good, good troop.

dawn

13. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Under Armor apparel is pretty popular (at least here in Arkansas) right now. My son is begging me for a UA sweatshirt but the derned things are $50 :eek: Most of the boys I see are also wearing DC shoes (whether they 'skate' or not)

Course, both of those are pretty pricey. I agree with Nerf 'stuff' - my 15 yr old son still loves his. Get extra darts for it!

Seems like they all love them little cans of Flarp.

My annual guaranteed kid gifts include wool hats, gloves, fleece pajammy pants, and slippers.

I have found some awesome puzzles at some of the larger chain book stores. I have a great one that is nothing but a ton of different zombie heads (haven't put it together yet) Hobby Lobby carries some good ones too.

14. NickieL

Can't ask them, its kind of a secret santa kinda thing that a couple elderly ladies in the mobile home park here set up every year, they find out the families having a hard christmas, get some basic information then hand out the families for other people in the communtity to "adopt" for christmas. Then they have a big christmas party, "santa" comes and hands out the gifts to the kids that would otherwise not get something this year. I've been blessed so I thought I'd adopt one this year with my DH.

15. Pam6

Pam6 Well-Known Member Supporter

16. soulsurvivor

soulsurvivor Well-Known Member Supporter

If you know his size a good pair of thermal long johns would be appreciated. Some of the long johns come in prints now with different characters such as Star Wars and Transformers and can double as pajamas.

A pair of fleece slippers and a fleece blanket would be good too.

17. WhiteChristmas

WhiteChristmas Super Mom and College Kid

My very tom boyish 9 year old told me Christmas would be the bomb if she had a real sleeping bag. So she can camp in the living room. With a lantern for a light.

18. Joshie

Joshie Well-Known Member Supporter

Is he into Matchbox stuff? The Legos kits (the ones that build a specific thing like a Star Wars character or vehicle) are popular. My grandsons like them.

My daughter says those ski hats are popular now.

19. Suburbanhmstedr

Suburbanhmstedr Well-Known Member

Legos are popular with boys between the ages of 8 and 38. :-D

20. Nette

Nette Well-Known Member Supporter

The little Hot Wheels cars are still appreciated by the 10-year-old on my list. He can put them in his pocket easily and pull them out at after-school.