gift suggestions?

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by whiterock, Dec 15, 2004.

1. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

My son just finished basic training in Ft. Jackson, SC. He is coming home for Christmas and will return to Ft. Jackson for additional training. What can I give him that would be useful?
    Stamps? AAFES gift card?
    Thanks for your help
    Ed

2. Becky H.

Becky H. Well-Known Member

Can they take items into basic I don't remember that part only when the guys lived in the regular "single" barracks do I remember they had their radios and stuff. Do you know that answer or maybe someone else knows.

I like the idea of the AAFES gift card. They have practical things that he may need in there and also things that he may want like a CD player with headphones or something like that to help him along in the barracks. So he can choose.

For a nice personal touch with the AAFES gift card a nice warm sweater and maybe one of his favorite snacks :) Can't go wrong with those either.

Enjoy the holidays!

3. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

I know my son but I don't have any idea what he can have with him.
    The reason I'm asking you folks is you"ve been there - I haven't.

4. goldenlady

goldenlady Well-Known Member

How about a long distance calling card? I can get one at Sam's Club for 1000 minutes for $34.00. They also have some that have less time that are less expensive. At 3.4 cents per minute they are far less costly than reversing the charges.

5. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Well-Known Member

One of the most used gifts I received during my time in were subscriptions to book clubs and magazines.