Giant goat or really short man??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KimM, Dec 12, 2005.

1. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

Most bizzaro! I've seen that photo before and just about died! :stars: It's a wierd looking Nubian, is it not (?) :shrug: - and probably a very short man.

3. Delinda

Delinda Well-Known Member Supporter

That is really weird! I like the coloring of the goat though.

4. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

My friend's brother is serving in Iraq and he called her today while I was there visiting. She asked him next time he goes to Pakistan, to try and find out what breed of goat it could be.
    That is amazing though......I want some!! :D

5. ejsmomma

ejsmomma Active Member

could it just be someone playing with a camera? it could be a real goat with extended legs. can't believe everything you see now adays. if it is a real goat, i would like to have one but good grief. how tall a fence would you need????? wow.

keep us updated if you find out if it's real and what kind

renae

6. albionjessica

albionjessica Hiccoughs after eating

They are Kamori goats, used for dairy. They are of medium to large size, and can produce 1.5 liters of milk per day.

I couldn't find much more information besides their geography (Pakistan).

7. RedEarth

RedEarth Well-Known Member

Wow! It has ears like big placemats.

8. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

The man is standing a foot or more back from it (look at the placement of the feet). It's still a very large buck, though (and yeah, the guy is probably short, too, but the goat is still big).

Have you ever seen a picture of New Era's Sidney Chinsucker? He was in the old Magnum Semen Works catalogs, and was just HUGE. I don't remember his exact weight, it seems like he was well over 300# and well on his way towards 400#.

9. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

10. apirlawz

apirlawz playing in the dirt

Wow! I was thinking that it must have been PhotoShopped there for a second. I did a search for Kamori goats and found more of those pics. Those ears are amazing! The does are...long! I especially noticed it in the pic of the nursing doe. lol!!

But, for what it's worth, I'm thinking the guy's pretty short, too. :D

11. albionjessica

albionjessica Hiccoughs after eating

12. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

OH MY GOSH! I think that my eyes literally popped out of my head when I saw that picture! HE is huge, now I want some :p !

13. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Oh my Goodness!!! I have never seen ears like that! I love the color though. I just had a hard enough time wrassling a reluctant pygmy into her pen in this slushy mud, I cant imagine trying to put up one of them that didn't want to go. :grit:

14. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

those ears are amazing and the color looks nice too. 3# milk per day is not very impresive and they don't look very meaty too.

15. fernando

fernando Well-Known Member

When you pull up the site, they identify it as a goat from Pakistan, of medium to large size. MEDIUM ? I'd sure like to see one of the large to extra large sizes.

16. apirlawz

apirlawz playing in the dirt

But ya know...

You would think, that with that kind of body capacity, you'd have quite a bit of room to develop one impressive rumen. Soooo, with some really well-managed breeding and high quality feed, I bet someone could make something of them.

Yeah, I think too much sometimes... :p

17. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

:eek: Man, are those goats on steroids? Arnold Schwartzagoats! :eek: That's too much goat for me. That's kind of creepy looking. I love the color though.

18. Cygnet

Cygnet Well-Known Member Supporter

MAN! that'd make a heck of a pack goat. With that conformation, I bet it's pretty dang good at scrambling over rocks and rough ground. He looks THIN, but I bet with some good groceries and wormer, he'd fatten up. And the ears would help with heat problems.

Wonder if there are any in the US?

Leva

19. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

Yeah but think of the novelty pricing alone..... You would make TONS just selling the kids for novelty....

20. Alma

Alma Active Member

Just thought I'd check one of my favorite sites about breeds of goats, to see if there was anything like the BIG ONE in the postcard and I found that there is one called DAERA DIN PANAH with very similiar ears and horns. The one in the postcards seems to be a buck and the ones in the site on goats are a bit fuzzy due to the poor quality of the pic. I checked the Kamori and it has no photo but no mention of really long ears and twisted horns. The one Daera din Panah is found in Multan and Muzaffargarh districts of Pakistan. They are a milk type of large size and have long hanging twisted ears. Short twisted horns. Only thing is I didn't see was the spotted variation. Its a great site tho for browsing: I don't know how to get it on here except by giving the address: www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/goats.Have fun looking thru it if and when you have time in between looking after goats and horses and all the other pets around here I only get to stop when the sun goes down. :goodjob: