Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Head Zookeeper
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to set up an ecommerce web site. I don't know html but have done some work with Front Page. Does anyone know of a site that will help you design and maintain an ecommerce web site for a reasonable fee? Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
First step is DONT do the work yourself. Go get one of the store fronts in a box to get started. If your site goes good then look at hiring someone to build your own.

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

Not knowing html means you have very little to no experience in web design. This means you are only going to be able to use something basically dummy proof such as the "storefront in a box" as suggested by Gary. If your site is too amateurish, nobody will shop there.

RF

·
Registered
900 Posts
Rocky Fields said:
If your site is too amateurish, nobody will shop there.
There's certainly some truth to that, but I'd hate to see it scare someone off from trying. Better to have any website up, than none at all. There are lots of folks looking to buy from someone who looks honest and straightforward, rather than big and glitzy. Many even prefer to buy from a little guy, and don't care that much what the website looks like.

-Dan
(who for some years now, has made his living from a website that should probably look more professional.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts