Getting rid of cat pee smell from carpet

Discussion in 'Working and Companion Animals' started by Earthbound, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Earthbound

Earthbound Well-Known Member

How does one do this? I have tried Natures Miracle with "some" sucess. Any vinegar, baking soda.........alternatives or something i can whip up at home?
    thanks
    corry

2. Wolf Flower

Wolf Flower Married, not dead! Supporter

Nature's Miracle does work, but it takes time and several applications. Saturate the area with Nature's Miracle (and I mean really soak the area), let it dry, and repeat the process until the odor is gone. Sometimes it will take four or five applications. Good luck!

3. Reillybug

Reillybug Active Member

Nature's Miracle is no longer the same fomula and is basically useless now. Unless you like that awful smell. We had a thread about this a while ago here, and maybe you can search for it and find more info.
    Basically, Nature's Miracle was bought out in 2003, but the new company only bought the name, not the formula. The original formula is now being marketed/sold by the same original makers but under the name Petastic, website is http://www.petastic.com.
    It's the original formula that used to be Nature's Miracle, the one that really does work! As someone who works in animal rescue, I spent the last few years wondering why Nature's Miracle didn't work anymore - and then I found out why. And Petastic is cheaper and available at most of the same places.

4. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

I recently began breeding cats and was horrified at the idea of bring ing a king into my home. I was right to be horrified, the smell to follow was just about THE most obnoxious odor I could imagine. The woman who owned the king told me she had a remedy. I was skeptical, but she assured me it would CURE the smell. So when I dropped off the king she gave me a little white bottle that said "zero odor" on it. When I got it home I was so releived. Almost instantly upon spraying it, the odor was GONE. All the lysol and bleach in the world hadnt helped that odor, but this stuff really did. It didnt cover it, it got rid of it!!! on the bottle here it says you can get it two ways, call 1-800-526-2967 or go to ZeroOdorStore.com I say its worth it. I have had the same bottle for a few months now and it really only does take a few pumps in the air. GOOD LUCK

5. Earthbound

Earthbound Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the replys!!
    corry

6. carly

carly on winged flight...

I use Resolve for pet stains and it really works...I have one boy who insists on peeing in one spot on the rug....resolve gets it out and the smell too.

7. Beorning1973

Beorning1973 Member

I soak the area in undiluted white vinegar, let it sit overnight and then hit it with a little Bissell spot cleaning machine I picked up at a yard sale. I run standard carpet cleaning chemicals through the machine. It works well. Vinegar also will take the smell out of washable items. I had a backpack and a pair of canvas shoes that were sprayed and I thought the smell would never come out, but a cup of vinegar in the washer, as well as spot treatment, did the trick.