Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second track poker group wants to have a game tonight and today while shopping all she could find were quart jugs of cultured buttermilk so I told her to pick up a couple quarts and two or three gallons of sweet milk and I would use the buttermilk as culture and after letting the jugs counter top culture for an hour , I would spend the evening shake churning the gallons to thicken and finish the conversion before fridging to cool.

At the store she saw the wife of one of my second track card club and as they talked about some of the " questionable virus shortages" like my buttermilk and other things that shouldn't be short but are on the supply side price and availability side, the woman said she would give anything to get her husband out of the house so she could relax with a book and her and GF set us up a 6 hand game for tonight.

After her shopping for us, GF said I could have the game at her house using her table and as I occupied the husbands, she would churn my buttermilk.

Before I came home to feed my animals and go back to her house , she helped me fill my change purse with mixed change to just under $3 since she has noticed that me coming in as short stack to the butter dishes of change usually works a little like a psych out as I grind my play.

I wish she could play with us but only two of my card groups accept couples without accusations of collusion even at pennies , nickle and dimes but I laughed when she reminded me that this card track group often cash $1 bills to rebuy into the game and she said any bills I get on the table go to her as table rent rake to offset the pretzels and potato chips and soft drinks LOL.

Two nights in a row with her this week won't kill us and i don't have to shake churn my buttermilk so I guess we can make it :)

·
Super Moderator
13,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted 11/10/20 1:20 PM CST

Our weekend was pretty good and I brought 2 gallons of buttermilk home and she kept one for cooking and me to drink off of at her house. My card game lasted about 4 hours and I had fun and finished 67 cents ahead to add to my change.

·
Premium Member
25,193 Posts
I bought 3 gal of chocolate milk and 5 qts of egg nog. I was drinking those only. Got intestinal flu, but didnt associate one to the other and kept drinking. The milk asng EN was curdling in my stomach. I had the trots for a good/bad week lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts