Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can't see me now - but I am doing a happy dance! :) I was able to find a breeder who is within a 3 hour drive of me and we are going to pick up our bunnies on the 22nd. We are getting 9 does and 2 bucks and I am thrilled! We have an 8 by8 shed set up for them and the cages are almost ready to go. There is an assortment of colors. So I guess we will be in the breeding business after this! Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
those are alot of work.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know - but I have been waiting some for many years. I looked for some locally - but couldn't find any so I feel pretty lucky to have gotten some relativly close!! I spin and plan on using most of the fiber myself and will be selling the extra on ebay or esty. I am really excited!

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
You're gonna love your buns!

You don't need to open an ebay or etsy thing to sell the surplus. You can just join some of yahoo's fiber groups that allow advertising. I've had no problem selling my surplus through those. Of course, if you've already got ebay or etsy status, then you might as well use it!

I'm looking at picking up a new buck and doe soon. I currently have a small herd of 12, but a couple of those are heading to freezer camp soon. time for new bloodlines!

Meg

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We finished work on the bunny barn today. Got the inside finished but still have on cage stand to build. (the cages are all done) Gotta go pick up 2 water bottles on Thursday and a garbage can with lid to put feed in and then I think we are set!! I am so excited!! The kids have been talking about it non stop!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts