Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your experience, how do they turn out? We just received a most beautiful picture of our grandchildren by email, and would like to get it developed. How does one get this done? :help:

Another option would be to invest in a good printer. But I want to get one that will keep good colour. When we were in Europe awhile back, we had photos printed from a printer and within weeks the photos had a bluish hue. So I'm not sure which kind to get.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Janette, many places (Costco, Samsclub, Wal*Mart, etc.) have an online photo ordering service.

You simply sign up, upload the photo to their website and then have it printed and go collect your photos (or have them mailed to you.)

Shop around for the best price.. but don't order a HUGE bunch until you've sent a few and seen how they come out... our grocery store had a special of 10c a photo, but the color was completely off, so I won't use them again.

Of course you could also just save it to a flash disk, or burn it to a CD and then take it in to most of these places and use their photo kiosk.

As long as they (your son/daughter) haven't minimized the photo too much, regular 4 x 6 prints will come out great, same as a regular photo.

PS. Most online photo ordering sites will tell you immediately if the quality of the photo is sufficient for the size print you want.

6,637 Posts
I bought a picture printer that accepts memory cards. THe ink in it dried out in 3 months..before we used it all up. (can someone school me on this improper perposition use?)

I bought another cartrige. It dried up before we used it up.

I reccomend emailling your pictures to kmart, or wall mart, or sam;s, or some professional photo place.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
If you're looking for a printer, get one that's designed specifically for photos to get the best prints. I've got a laser magicolor here, and while it does a wonderful job on most items, portraits are lacking. I've also got a cannon photo printer and it does a magnificent job. It's so nice that when I do t-shirt transfers and bring them to the local t-shirt shop to iron on for me, she's wondered who does my printing as my colors are so much more vibrant than any of the others that get brought in (even their local printer!)

I didn't realize Costco did online photo printing...I know that Kodak does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts