Gesundheit! Institute

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jagger, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Jagger

Jagger Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone knows of this group. I got a job offer there. It is W.VA. The job includes room/board for me and my family as well as a salary. This is the organization that Patch Adams help to create. I am awaiting my application and will going for a visit very soon. Any information that you might know of would be great.

Jagger

2. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

Do a Google search. There are over 3000 links to information.

3. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

Patch Adams!I read your thread thinking where have I heard that? It was driving me crazy. Have you seen the movie? I agree, do a search. It will better direct you to the specific questions you may have.

4. almostthere

Oh and I think I remember-but I might be mistaken- there is a reference to that at the end of the movie.

5. Jagger

Jagger Well-Known Member

I know the website. It is www.patchadams.org I was just curious if there were any members on here or former members? It is a community situation and not just a job. But a way of life. The movie has very little to do with what actually happened. As most movies are made as such. I have never seen the movie. I have been told from the guy who has been aswering my questions about the postion and such. I want to go out and get Patch's book when i get paid friday. Gesundheit! Institute is a 300+ acre peice of W.VA mountain, that will have eventually a hospital. Alternative healing practices, permaculture, sustanability etc.. are just the tip of the ice berg. I understand that the G! has many other plans and things it is aspiring too. I am looking to find out all I can. I have alot of interest in this organization.
    Jagger

6. almostthere

Yes I know the movie is half made up, but it gives you a sence of the idea he had instead of an autobiography. Sorry I can't help any further than that. Maybe the book will give you more. Maybe you could do a search to se if there is a forum or chat room out there.

7. almostthere

Ebay has both of those books. Type in Patch Adams M.D. and theres a list.