Genetics can take a hike

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Oregon1986, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:47 PM.

1. Oregon1986

Oregon1986 Well-Known Member

I spent 3 hrs in the er last night to get pain meds because while eating dinner,I had a tooth shatter. Literally shatter! Now this makes me angry because I am anal about my dental hygiene. I brush 2-3 times a day and floss,yet my teeth are crumbling. Dr sapid it most likely is generic and won't be much I can do. That is just unacceptable to me. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment and hope they can do something for me. So upsetting

2. Oregon1986

3. AmericanStand

AmericanStand Well-Known Member

4. emdeengee

emdeengee Well-Known Member

Everything is genetics. My sister has the most beautiful looking teeth which she inherited from our Mom and yet both of them have had nothing but dental problems all their lives. Including shattered teeth. My teeth come from my Dad and they are not straight but have the Cher crookedness from before she got hers capped and both Dad and I have amazingly strong and healthy teeth. It is very upsetting and I have gone through a lot with my sister. My Mom ended up losing all of hers.. All of us have practiced really good dental hygiene and regular visits to the dentist so this leaves only genetics to explain the differences. I hope they can do something for you.

kinnb, Solar Geek and Oregon1986 like this.
  5. MoonRiver

MoonRiver SM Entrepreneuraholic Supporter

I think lack of vitamin K2 (MK4 and MK7) may be the problem. Life Extension makes a good one (Super k). What vitamin k does is make sure that calcium is targeted to your teeth and bones. You also need adequate level of vitamin d to make calcium available.

This article tells how Weston Price identified something he called Activator X which controlled dental caries. It wasn't until recently that it was discovered that vitamin K is Dr Price's X Factor.
    https://www.westonaprice.org/health...-a-sixty-two-year-old-mystery-finally-solved/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 6:19 PM
    Oregon1986 likes this.
  6. haypoint

haypoint Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate Supporter

LOL

Yvonne's hubby, HeavyHauler and melli like this.
  7. Oregon1986

Hmm I'll have to look into vitamin k

8. melli

melli Otiose Endomorph

Have you had a check on your bone density...I'm no doc, but shattering/crumbling teeth could be a sign of other things. I once knew a woman whose bones were literally dissolving (can't recall if she had teeth issues). Apparently she was on a number of drugs to slow down the bone loss (some sort of severe osteoporosis). Was a real shame, as she told me, at her retirement lunch. Not meaning to worry you, but if there is an issue, better catching it as early as possible.

Alice In TX/MO and HeavyHauler like this.
  9. HeavyHauler

HeavyHauler Well-Known Member

I'd probably look into your vitamin/mineral intake; get whatever your missing from good, organic food.

Oregon1986 likes this.
  10. Oregon1986

Actually that is something were looking into because the Dr said as young and healthy as I am,I shouldn't be having this happen

melli and Alice In TX/MO like this.
  11. Oregon1986

I take a multivitamin and fish oil pills every day but I'm sure there is more I could do

12. HeavyHauler

HeavyHauler Well-Known Member

Ditch the multivitamin. You can't properly absorb most of it anyway.

Eat a wide range of healthy foods to get your vitamins.

Eat oily fish, not fish pills.

Your best bet is to get all you need is from proper whole foods. In my opinion. It's how we were meant to live.