Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a portable Genrac 7550 running watt genarator. Today when I went to use the external power to run a grider , I couldn't get it to work. Took the grinder inside and it worked fine. So it must be in the portable, Any thoughts on what to do

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Gregg Alexander said:
I have a portable Genrac 7550 running watt genarator. Today when I went to use the external power to run a grider , I couldn't get it to work. Took the grinder inside and it worked fine. So it must be in the portable, Any thoughts on what to do
............Maybe you popped a resetable circuit breaker . Maybe a single wire came loose on the backside of the panel . You should have some kind of voltage meter so test all plugins for the presence of voltage . It's also possible that you have an AVR\automatic voltage regulator that has malfunctioned . , fordy

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
not real likely but it may have lost it residual magnetic charge in the generator, your manual should tell you how to re set the residual magnetism, a generator should be ran ever 6 months of so to keep it there,

with out the residual magnetism in the field they can't start to generate electricity

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&rls=GGIH%2CGGIH%3A2007-02%2CGGIH%3Aen&q=residual+magnetism+generator&btnG=Search[/ame]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts