Gas UNDER $2.00 per Gallon in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by YuccaFlatsRanch, Nov 11, 2005.

1. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

"I'm for anything that will help extend my gas mileage at today's prices. My only experience with acetone was spilling some on a tile floor"

There is a discussion of adding acetone to gasoline going on at Shop Talk Forum.

Gas prices have come down a LONG WAY around here. I can buy regular unleaded for $1.99 numerous places in San ANtonio now. I'll bet if I looked hard enough I could find it for $1.97 or less.

2. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

Yep darn shame isn't it...headlines of oil companies making record profits and yet they still get the billion dollar tax breaks...am I the only one who thinks this is just plain wrong?

3. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

That does it...I'm gonna have to drive to texas for my next tankful...it was $2.37 here yesterday!

4. palani

palani Well-Known Member

Hope this doesn't dampen your enthusiasm but at $2.00 per gallon the price is still double what it was just three years ago.

If you want an inexpensive way to get 10% better mileage use mobile 1 synthetic (only after the car has over 10,000 miles on it)

5. Muskrat

Muskrat Well-Known Member

$1.96 in Knoxville, Tennessee; $2.01 just outside Spartanburg, South Carolina, and $2.03 in Pikeville, Kentucky this Veterans' Day.

6. Lindafisk

Lindafisk Well-Known Member

Still over $2 a gallon up here north of Dallas... but it's still going down!

7. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

Isn't it coincidental that the price of gas @ the pump plummets at the same time a federal investigation is launched into the reasons for the recent price hikes?
    ;)

8. uri

uri Member

Central Indiana prices from 2.00 Indianapolis to 2.39 in Muncie.
    I always thought profits were what was left over AFTER you put what you wanted back into your company. Oil companies have an answer to everything, always in their favor, of course.

9. starjj

starjj Well-Known Member Supporter

1.96 in Knoxville, Tennessee; $2.01 just outside Spartanburg, South Carolina, and $2.03 in Pikeville, Kentucky this Veterans' Day.

Geez I live in TN and it isn't any 1.96 here close to Nashville. Ranges are from 2.19 to 2.39. You would think the same STATE could keep the prices the same. I heard it was $1.95 in MO and $2.11 in Ohio but that probably varies like TN.

10. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

Let's nit forget oil companies are just that a company. A company is in business to make money. We, the consumer on the other hand has chosen to waste and purchase obscene amounts of gas to fuel larger than nessecary vehicles. How many of you actually own an economy size vehicle.
    Steff

11. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

It's still $2.49 here!

12. TnAndy

TnAndy Well-Known Member Supporter

2.08 in Johnson City, TN is the cheapest I've seen around here.

But this may be a temporary thing.....

My understanding from reading info around the web is the reason our prices are dropping as a result of crude and finished product being shipped here temporarily from stockpiles in Europe....before the hurricanes hit, the US was producing 7 million of the 20 million barrels a day used, and now it is only 4 million. I also get from reading this is going to come to a halt sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and prices should rise quite a bit after the first of the year unless US capacity can get back up to speed.

13. Countrystyle

Countrystyle Well-Known Member

$1.90 in Monett,Mo $1.91 in Spfd two days ago. We have too many vehicles but we only drive the econo-boxes unless we're hauling livestock, feed or monthly grocery shopping etc... Not many people I know can run out and buy a new car that gets 30 mpg etc.