Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Seems like it bumped up about 5 or 6 cents here in the last week, but I dont know if that's a long term trend. I think the price on a bbl of oil went from about $46 to $50 due to the fighting in Gaza.

Not to derail, but I also heard a weird story on npr last night about natural gas supplies being cut short for northern/central Europe due to a confusing situation in Russia, where it comes from. I thought I was sure glad my fuel supplies don't come from that crazy land.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ours is up to $1.84. I know it is a lot less than before, but it is still more than $1.48. Its gone up that much in the past week.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Up .$30/gallon here this week.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
When I took my son to school yesterday the price at the closest (and cheapest) station was $1.43. When I went back to pick him up at 12:30pm it was $1.61.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Right now in Southern California the price of regular is 1.75$ and diesel is 2.09$. The recent drop in prices is due to two factors. The first is the yearly seasonal oscillation of prices that happens every year, and the second is the dramatic downturn in the economy. With people out of work they don't drive back and forth each day, and take less trips in general to save money.

I'm really not any good at predicting the economy, so I won't bother going there. I'm better at predicting the price of gas, so here's my prediction for 2009. From December of 2007 to June of 2008, the price of gas rose 1.38X. For the same time period, diesel rose 1.48X. Using these ratios for 2009 I'll go out on a limb and predict that in my area gas will rise to ~2.41$/gallon (1.75$X1.38=2.42$/gallon)! For diesel it will be 3.09!

Now, economy wise I really can't say, but in my heart I'm expecting things to get worse before they get better. What effect that has on the price of gas I don't know. Still, the June 2009 price will be significantly higher than it is now.
Good luck to you all,
Michael

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Gas is 1.49, diesel 2.19...

Wish diesel was 20c cheaper than gas, the way it always has been...

·
WV , hilltop dweller
3,613 Posts
straight up bump from 1.43 to 1.59 during the day, yesterday.

·
Try Me
1,083 Posts
ours jumped ten cents in one day. from $1.49 to $1.59.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think its the fighting in Israel, not to mention the Ukraine and the pipelines there! This will be interesting what happens on Monday! With the oil price and the markets!!!

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
WHile at the station pumping $1.56/gal gas the price was being changed to $1.89.
I suspect the jump is to the gaza strip violence.

·
Level II -Inappropriate
3,158 Posts
By this summer, gas will be a LOT more higher than it was. We have gas now as of this morning, at $ 1.51. Gas is one of my prep items.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts