Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a national news article about gas prices bottoming out. Prices less then $3 a gallon. Michigan was $2.55 we are still 3.40 a gallon here. I want to know why! Gas is at a national low. I want a better price.

·
free leonard peltier
2,315 Posts
North Carolina sucks. Ours is still over 3 bucks too. And recent discussions about how to fund improvements to roads mentioned "oh we haven't raised the gas tax in years!"

Funny how South Carolina has cheaper everything and plenty of industry, tourism, tech and universities, and everything else you can think of.. while their cost of doing business is less, and their gas is always cheaper by a lot :mad:

Reactions: myheaven

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
3.28 a couple days ago in nearby small town, usually a bit cheaper in the shopping town 10 miles down the road from there. Might be lower now, but I won't know til I go shopping. We're usually higher than the national average.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Here in WV, they gouge us at the pumps for fuel taxes.. Still $3.39 here.. If I get on the Interstate and drive a bit, I can get it for $3.25

·
Perpetually curious!
2,749 Posts
That $2.55 in Michigan was just due to a short lived "gas war" between a couple of stations in my hometown.
I now live 40 miles away and the lowest it got here (on that same day) was $2.89.

Now it's back up to $3.26 as of yesterday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That $2.55 in Michigan was just due to a short lived "gas war" between a couple of stations in my hometown.
I now live 40 miles away and the lowest it got here (on that same day) was $2.89.

Now it's back up to $3.26 as of yesterday afternoon.
All about bi polar pricing. Boy oh boy. Your pricing sounds like my dd before aunt flow comes to visit.

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
It bumped under $3 a gallon for a full 24 hrs here....was $2.93 on Monday. Back up to $3.19 the next day....still up. DH filled my car and this month's gas can on Monday! Never works out like that for us...usually we miss the low price by a few hours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts