Gas Pressure Washers

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Stush, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Stush

Stush Well-Known Member

I am looking for a gas pressure washer. Any suggestions regarding brand? I have looked at the better Craftsman models, Karcher, CH, etc. Not looking to spend more than $700, but I want a good model that will last. Use will be greatly varied. From decks to siding to cars/tractors to cement floors, etc.

I found a Karcher gas model at:

Karcher Pressure Washer

Any thoguhts on this model? I also looked at the following item at Sears:

Craftsman Pressure Washer

Thanks for the feedback.

2. BrushBuster

BrushBuster Well-Known Member

i have a karcher 3500psi with a honda 13.5 hp that i bought 4 or 5 years ago and it has been used alot and i have never had a minutes trouble with it. my only complaint is that it doesn't have a cat pressure pump. my brother-in-law bought one similar last year that came with the cat pump and he is very pleased. northern tool has several models that come with cat pumps. haven't checked the price recently, but used to be very competative. don't have any experiance with the sears models.

3. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Whats a cat pump?
    BooBoo

4. Stush

Stush Well-Known Member

Brand as far as I can tell, MBB. From the research that I have done, it appears that most people reccomend getting a pressure washer with a "CAT" or "General" brand pump. Better quality from what I can gather.

5. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

I am in the process of repairing a leaking Generac pressure washer that belongs to someone else. It has a cheap proprietery pump (but with high priced parts) and the pump is leaking around the pistons. The Cat brand of pump has an excellent reputation and I encourage you to buy a washer with that brand on the pump.