1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im in Georgia, and we have a better electrical grid then they do in California. In Georgia I prefer all electric, this house and my last hose were both 100% electric. When i lived in california, we had to deal with Propane and that Sucked. Did have a few houses with Nat Gas, but electric works better for me

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
How in the hell did Californians get to be so damn dumb? They're already all over the news warning of blackouts and outages in the near future (weeks) and projections are for it to get worse in the long term. Why to the people keep voting absolute morons into office?

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
How in the hell did Californians get to be so damn dumb? They're already all over the news warning of blackouts and outages in the near future (weeks) and projections are for it to get worse in the long term. Why to the people keep voting absolute morons into office?
You answered your own question.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
This is so stupid-- How can anyone sleep at night when they are utterly dependent on electricity for their every need? I live in California-- In an all electric house. I have hated that fact since before I moved in. There are huge barriers to getting a wood stove in the house, or a propane tank (less so than a wood burning stove though).
They shut the power off when the wind blows bere....it's insane that people would be THAT dependent on electricity for heating and cooking needs.
It's setting a lot of people up for disaster and it frightens me that most people don't even realize it.
Our hydroelectric dams will reach deadpool if the drought continues, the "public safety power shutoffs" make electricity unreliable for those in PG&E territory, peak of summer we already don't have enough electricity to run all our stuff, AND they want us all charging electric cars. I can't even😆😆

·
Registered
320 Posts
New York city did it months ago. Any new construction gets no gas hookups. I'm waiting for Oregon to do it, they are yapping about it already. Guess that means I won't be buying or building any new house.
The whole concept of everything electric is assinine. Our power grids are already falling apart, they are having rolling blackouts with everyone using a/c in the heat and remember what happened in Texas with the cold snap. It isn't just California that is stupid, there is no forethought from ANY of these "powers that be".

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Laws like this is why I do stuff like buy solar components and install a wood stove in my trailer. I got laughed at by a couple folks here for my "toy" wood stove in the trailer, but I had to be out of my house for 2 weeks last December for a renovation project and the wood stove was amazing.
I can't put one in the house so I HAD to put one in the trailer🤣. I sleep much better at night knowing I have that in case I need it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why, you'd better write them a letter and let them know. They obviously don't have your perseverance and worldly

experience. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Why, you'd better write them a letter and let them know. They obviously don't have your perseverance and worldly

experience. :LOL:
Oh wow, I'm hurt... guess you really burned me???

I mean really... is that the best you got... but considering the source I guess I shouldn't expect better :p :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
I think California has a deal in the works to import electricity.

We already do that. 36% I think it was. We have massive solar fields here. Unfortunately, they require massive amounts of water for cooling tge inverters. Water that is pumped from our aquifers. It appears that the public don't understand were in a drought!
🤫

Eta: those inverters catch fire too!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
We already do that. 36% I think it was. We have massive solar fields here. Unfortunately, they require massive amounts of water for cooling tge inverters. Water that is pumped from our aquifers. It appears that the public don't understand were in a drought!
🤫

Eta: those inverters catch fire too!
I don't know what solar fields or inverters are.

But I know that many of the states in the country already import some electricity from other neighbour states. And the eastern seaboard states often get hydro-electricity from Canada when it's needed (like state emergencies, natural disasters and such) but I'm not talking about that stuff though.

I'm talking about trade deals in the works to import MORE ready-made hydro-electricity from distant locations that have lots of the infrastructure with hydro-electric dams and generators on a steady, on-going basis. Some of the western states have been importing hydro-electricity from western Canadian provinces for many years. We won't sell water but we have lots of hydro-electricity to spare up here that could be exported to other provinces and to the states.

But don't quote me on there for sure being import deals in the works for the west coast states, I only heard a snippet about it on my local news a few months ago last autumn.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts