Garden Shoes..Where To Buy ??

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Helena, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

Have always worn the "harder" type of garden clogs and bought them usually over the years at the Gardeners Supply Co. Well..needing a new pair this year I checked them out and their price is now.. $39 !! Does anyone else know where to look at hopefully a better price ?? I have the soft, no back type and they are OK but really prefer the whole clog type of shoe. Thanks !!

2. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

www.jefferslivestock.com
    This is where I bought my cloggs and they also have an ankle boot.that I bought to wear in the barn.Both are comfy.

3. Running Wild

Running Wild Well-Known Member

Target has a selection (albeit small) of garden clogs and ankle high boots in their garden section. I forgot the price, but I believe both were less than $20.

4. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Spend the money and get a pr. of Birkenstocks...my garden clogs over ten years old and still look unworn and I wear them winter/summer....plus they are red and perfect strangers stop me at the store wanting to know where I got my shoes!!!!!! You can go on line and find great discount sales on them frequently. DH has some that are equally old and he is extremely hard on shoes and still in great shape. DEE

5. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

We each bought a different clog color...Big Lots $3.99 a pair!

6. countrymommy134

countrymommy134 Member

Check out www.crocs.com. I bought these in Canton, TX First Monday. They feel like marshmallows! THey have several different styles. I've been wearing my non-stop for about 2 months and I just really love them!!! They weigh a total of about 5 oz (together)!

check 'em out as a birkenstock alternative.

7. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

The ladybugs clogs are on sale on Jeffers for $12.99...just ordered a pair!

8. thefarm

thefarm Well-Known Member

I got a nice pair @ LL Bean and they have nice colors I got robbin blue they cost 2o.oo and they feel great and I have feet problems and have to be careful on what I wear. Brenda