Garden Photo Test

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Cindy in NY, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Cindy in NY

Cindy in NY Well-Known Member Supporter

2. Cindy in NY

Okay, how do I get the photo to automatically come up instead of just the link?

3. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

4. Cindy in NY

5. Cindy in NY

6. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Everything looks great! What is under the cover? Inquiring (nosey!) minds want to know!

7. zookeeper16

zookeeper16 Karaoke Queen

BEAUTIFUL! Want to give us a "visual" tour?

8. Cindy in NY

Not exactly a "visual tour" but I can tell you what's in there. Starting on the far left are tomatoes with garlic, dill, and shallots at this end.

Next bed is strawberries in the squirrel proof box that DH made with some beans behind them, Italian parsley, potatoes, and a few pole beans on the trellis at the end (planted the potatoes too close to the trellis so not enough room for beans!).

Third bed is carrots, more beans, starting cauliflower & broccoli under the milk jugs, peppers under the pop-up greenhouse, more peppers, and cukes on the trellis.

Last bed is dill, the last of the spinach & radishes, zuchinni down the center with the last of the asparagus along the edges, and some pitiful snow peas on the trellis (started them too late). I've also got another patch of tomatoes and a patch of raspberries.

The brown house you see is not mine. Ours is to the far left of the photo.

9. Cindy in NY

Here's a photo of the front flowerbed with the Asiatic lillies, daylillies, and coreopsis blooming.

[​IMG]

10. vicki in NW OH

vicki in NW OH Well-Known Member

Very nice! My garden isn't nearly as neat and orderly looking this year. I like the flower bed outlined with the rocks. Good idea!

11. Cindy in NY

Thanks all for the compliments! Vicki - We were not fortunate enough to have many rocks here so we had to ask people from church etc if we could "steal" some of their's! I even posted on Freecycle to get some!

12. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

I wish that there was some way to give you some of mine! I am in the Ozarks and as Laura Ingalls Wilder once said ....one sure crop in the Ozarks is rocks!
    I could not till more than a few inches before hitting a rock!!! I have a HUGE pile of rocks next to my garden!

God bless you and yours
    Debbie

13. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Just a pic,not so much garden but yard.

[​IMG]

Wheelbarrel of squash

[​IMG]

14. BillyGoat

BillyGoat Well-Known Member

Cindy, I love your beds!!!

I want to plant beds the next time! The regular garden is getting to hard for me to keep up with.

What is that under the bird feeders?

15. Cindy in NY

Thank you Billy Goat! The contraption under the birdfeeders was DH's idea. We have a problem with pigeons. He built that screening unit under the feeder so that the seed kicked out would fall through and the pigeons wouldn't be able to get at it. Unfortunately, pigeons aren't very smart! They still keep coming around even though they can't get to the seed. It is quite the contraption though - built in two parts, hinged on the sides, with patio blocks beneath. DH made it in two parts so that he could take it apart every couple of weeks and clean off the dropped seed and pull out the ones that had sprouted between the blocks. This is what happens when you marry an engineer!! :)

16. Cindy in NY

Billy Goat - as far as the raised beds, they are much easier to work with. You can even sit on the edge and take a rest as you need to! We have raised two of the beds up to two levels. In the spring, we'll have enough compost ready to do the third bed.

17. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

What a garden! Puts mine to shame!

I like how natural your flower garden looks. What herb is growing in the pot next to the garden gnome?

18. Cindy in NY

Thanks Mid Tn Mama! I've always liked the way the English cottage gardens look with everything flowing into each other so that's what I've tried to achieve there. The gnome belongs to Boo Boo and that looks like some kind of rosemary. Am I right Boo Boo?

19. annethcz

annethcz Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful! I'm going to show the pictures of your tomatoes to my DH. We're putting in some new beds, and he just couldn't understand how an overhead trellis system could actually look good.

20. Cindy in NY

Thanks annethcz! The tomato structure is constructed of pvc with the ends about 2' into the dirt. The top is covered with garden netting. I tie a string loosely to each tomato and then tie the other end to the netting. As the tomato grows, I can gently wrap the string around it and don't have to use stakes or cages or otherwise tie them up. Much easier!