Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youndest DD loves to be in the garden with me, while shopping for seeds i came across the purple greenbeans, Well she was in love lol. So next year we are making her a complete Purple garden. I found:

Cabbage
beans
onions
carrots
cauliflower

and got her some pretty sunflowers too but their not purple she got pretty happy since purple happens to be her favorite color.... forgot eggplant well i just buy her a few plants lol.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Some of the Indian corn is rather purple in color if you wish to add it to the list.

What about egg plant?

Red sails lettuce purple enough or would that be too reddish?

Isn't there a purple okra?

Purple tomato?

Purple peppers?

Purple asparagus?

Ah yes, one just needs to thumb through several catalogs to provide seeds for gardens of several different colors.

·
talk little, listen much
1,696 Posts
she'll have a great time in her purple garden - don't forget flowers to pick! they can be a contrasting color to make everything "pop" Zinnias are great for kids and boquets.
My daughter got her start in a purple garden - it won a purple ribbon during fair, and the produce got rave revues too.
She now does multicolor - but still purple in parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.