Garden bench/kneeler

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by happy@home, Apr 14, 2005.

1. happy@home

happy@home Well-Known Member

I had a gardening bench/kneeler that I lost during one of our moves. It had green metal legs that you could use to boost yourself up when it was in the kneeling position or you could turn it over to make a bench to sit on. I would really like to get another one because of my bad hip and back but I can't find one anywhere and I have no idea where I bought the first one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

I think I saw one of those in the Farmtek catalog, it's on line? Also I THINK I've seen them in gurney, and in Lillian Vernon.

Good luck!
    hollym

3. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

I think both Charley's Greenhouse and Gardener's Supply have that item. I do know that GS has one I will get that is easier. It is higher and has a tractor seat. Rolls on 4 tires and the seat rotates. I've used the little Grasshopper, but now feel the need for the higher one. They are grossly expensive, but look worth the price to me.

4. happy@home

happy@home Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. My dd found the one I thought we had lost, it was buried under some things in the basement. I do like the sound of the seat with the tires to roll on, if you get it please post how you like it, that may be something I would like to try too.