Garden a Flop

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by georgiarebel, Jul 8, 2006.

1. georgiarebel

georgiarebel Well-Known Member

Lack of rain this year has put a hurt'n on my garden. Only a few tomatoes and squash. Is there anything I can re-plant before the summer is over, or should I wait on my fall garden.

I'm in zone 8, so the bugs are another thing I have to contend with that are in full force this time of year.

GR

2. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

If ya go the seed I would replant it all. i'm just n of the ga border. I've just planted all the cabbage and other cold waether crops. Long as it don't freeze they'll grow. Planted beans, corn (short season kinid). Ya got nothing to lose

3. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree with TNH--we planted our garden late and it looks great. We have bugs galore but we just harvest early and plant enough for everyone...A neighbor never plants his garden until July and it always turns out great... He is harvesting in the cooler temps and has plenty... QB

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I'm going to have to replant mine too. I do still have a yellow squash, a cuke, 4 tomatoes and 3 rather pitiful peppers as well as 2 water melons and another, still undetermined melon and I saw another pumpkin is making a valiant effort, LOL. Yep, replant!