Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My garage door is coming down but when the right side hits the ground, the left side is up about 1". I wouldn't be concerned if it wasn't that we live in the woods and mice love coming into the garage, eating the wiring on the cars etc.. I have a pest control company that helps with the latter problem but the door being ajar won't help. :facepalm:

I can push the garage door all the way down with my foot but needless to say it's not entirely convenient.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid a $100+ house call. I looked on YouTube but the videos I found weren't entirely clear.

Thank you so much for any advice.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
I suggest you find a large and wide-enough flexible door sweep and attach so it can seal up the part that is not sealed. And get a cat!

Reactions: OnlyMe

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
If the door has two counter wound springs directly above the opening to assist in opening, one needs adjusting. The adjustment is potentially dangerous since whoever does it has to be strong enough to loosen the set screw, and in your case control the sping while slightly releasing tension on the side that isn't closing.

You could also increase tension on the side that that closes. Also check the rollers and track for any misalignment or other issues.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all so much! It turned out one of the rollers wasn't set well in the track. Took my trusty rubber mallet to it and ta da! Problem solved.

Thank you again to everyone - I truly appreciate it :)

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
Thank you all so much! It turned out one of the rollers wasn't set well in the track. Took my trusty rubber mallet to it and ta da! Problem solved.

Thank you again to everyone - I truly appreciate it :)
I'd look at the hardware on that door closely for anything that might be loose. A roller popping out of the track isn't normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts