Gambrel

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by nehimama, Aug 16, 2005.

1. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

Don't know if I spelled that right. . . . . :(

Anyway, a lot of you are on the ball and have already figured out how to make a homemade gambrel for making your skinning and butchering jobs much easier. I made up three the other day out of wire coathangers. It sure makes the job easier!

I have three more bunnies to harvest tomorrow, and would take pictures, but I am not able to figure out how to post photos here. Can anyone help me out on that?

Thanks!

NeHi Mama

2. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Hi, in order to post pics here you need to have them hosted somewhere. If you have your own website that would be good or you can get a free account many places such as www.photobucket.com to host them. If you use photobucket once you have uploaded your pics to them they will give you a link to use and you copy that link (highlight it and right click and pick copy) and then come here and click the pic icon right under the font size box it has a pic of a mountain on it and is yellow. So click it once and then paste in your link and then click it again and that is it. Try it and you'll see how easy it is. [​IMG]
    This image was put here by pasting in the link [I M G]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/flyingz/100_1518.jpg[/ I M G] without the spaces inbetween the IMG. On the photobucket site after you upload your pics under each one there will be this
    Url
    Tag
    Img
    just copy the one from the IMG column and paste it into your post and do nothing else and it will work. It really is much easier than it sounds.

3. nehimama

Thanks, Flying Z! I'll get on that.

NeHi Mama

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

I have two nails and a piece of cord. After I thump them, the loops in the end of the cord go around the hind feet, and then it's hung over two spaced nails on the side of the barn. I do have to turn the critter over once while I'm working, but it can't turn around on me when I don't want it too, either. It's cheap, and it works for me.

Meg

5. nehimama

That's good, too! I used cable staples to hold my gambrels in place, and they don't turn on me, either. Anything to make an unpleasant job go more quickly and more smoothly, eh?

NeHi Mama