Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fergusons Family Farm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Fuzzy Lops?

I was inquiring about some cages from a lady about 10 minutes away. and found out they were too small for my meat rabbits. Would have been fine for my Mini Rexes but I don't need cages for them!

So the lady said sorry but everything had been sold...and then said that she has a Pair or Show Quality Papered Fuzzy Lops for sale, With cages, nest box, water bottle, papers and everything else they need. For $150 the cages are new 24 by 24 wire cages with trays. If I did get these rabbits they could be kept at home(since our farm is just up the road from our house), in my garden shed, away from all the other rabbits. To make sure they don't catch anything or give anything to my meat type rabbits.

First off...is this a good deal? The pair is young and proven.

She said she was selling the kits for $50 each when she sold them...and she showed these rabbits, the doe placing second in an Ontario rabbit show.

Melissa

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think that sounds like a good deal. We raise fuzzy lops and they are some of the nicest rabbits we have ever owned. Really sweet and mellow. Not to mention they are just plain adorable!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good Deal!

I saw a fuzzy lop at the market the other day and fell in love!! Once I saw it my words were "im bidding". REALLY nice rabbit. I didnt end up getting it though as I heard it was not nice to does.....un ped anyway. I WANTED it sooo bad though!!!

I MIGHT think of getting out of the holland lops and into the fuzzy's. I have lots of thinking first though. Let us know how they turn out if you get them!

Good luck! Send picks!

·
Fergusons Family Farm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys aren't making this easy.... I really was thinking...no more rabbits! Well I'm going to send an e-mail to this girl, as for some pictures and more particulars. I will then share and then you guys can critique them.

Melissa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts