Furnace Guy Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ninn, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

YAY!!!! In less than an hour, my old furnace was gone, my new furnace was in, the ductwork has been repaired (only had 3 holes and some missing screws!!) and my house is warm!!!! My cost? 750 bux, including the new line to the tank-all one piece. I am SOOOOO happy!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: My furnace guy will be getting homemade bread for christmas-every week forever after if he wants it.

2. beowoulf90

beowoulf90 Well-Known Member Supporter

Gee I wish I could find a deal like that....but I heat with a coal stove and our house has never had a furnace in it's 250 years of existence... But I will have to do something, because there will come a time that I can't burn or buy coal and I really hate to go back to wood, because I am no longer able to cut the wood I need...

3. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Despite this years spike in corn prices, I'd seriously consider stove that burned either corn or wood pellets. With propane I am too much at somebody else's mercy. And no the corn/pellet stoves are not as simple/durable as regular old school wood or coal stoves, but at least corn or whatever other grain someof these accept can be raised by you if necessary. Another possibility is an oil stove where you burn oil pressed from some grain/seed/bean that you raise.

4. grannygardner

grannygardner Well-Known Member

Glad your furnace is in and you have heat. Did you get the skirting on yet?

5. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

that is a terrible feeling. I inured my wrist during thanksgiving weekend. It is just now getting better enough that I can work with firewood again. It was a terrible feeling to have to have other people fill my furnace for me.